Part 12

Sakazuki froze as he saw the flames. "He's here!" He growled.

"Sir?" One of the soldiers asked.

Sakazuki ignored him. "Madara Uchiha! He's here!"

With that, he turned into a mass of magma and shot towards the burning island, the sweet taste of revenge already on his lips.

Madara smiled. "Predictable Sakazuki. You're too predictable." He focused, and set all other ships aflame with black fire. However, as an artistic touch, he had the flames begin in the shape of the word Tenkou, or divine punishment. Just to add a little insult to the injury.

The vice-admiral landed, the ground sizzling beneath him. Madara feigned surprise. "My, what a surprise. We meet again, Sakazuki."

"Madara Uchiha. You won't escape me this time!" Sakazuki declared.

Madara was now openly showing his amusement. "You make it sound like I ran away. The way I remember it, I left you behind helpless like a newborn chick."

Sakazuki's brow twitched in memory of the humiliation. "This time will be different."

Madara's grin didn't fade. "Did you get stronger? Did you reach the peak of your abilities?"

Sakazuki snorted. "It will be more than enough against the likes of you."

Now Madara frowned. "In other words, you haven't. That's disappointing, though I did not expect anything else. You have talent Sakazuki, and your potential is great." Now his grin turned evil. "I want you to be at your very peak when I crush you, and tear your last secret out of your head." His smile faded. "Until then, you are worthless to me."

Sakazuki tumbled under the assault of Madara's Sakki-laced ire, images of horrible deaths flashing before his eyes. "W-What are you?" the marine spat out.

Madara tilted his head. "I'm complicated."

Sakazuki shot a blast of magma at Madara, who jumped back. "Good. There seems to be at least some fight left in you. This would be dreadfully boring otherwise. Very well, let's pick up our dance, shall we?"

The next minutes were a mindless dance, with Madara practicing swordsmanship on Sakazuki while dodging the blasts of magma the enraged vice-admiral sent his way, until the former noticed that the funeral-fire for Saul had finished with the body. He glanced at them, and they extinguished.

Sakazuki stared at the spot the flames had burned at a few seconds ago. "You can extinguish the flames?" He asked, shocked. By now, he had accepted that the cursed flames burned seven days and seven nights no matter what anyone tried. To know that there actually was a way to extinguish them, and that it had not been used to save Mariejois, was another unforgivable insult.

Madara looked at him, humored. "Of course. Do you really think I'm foolish enough to unleash something without a way to reign it back in should someone attempt to use it against me?"

Whatever Sakazuki would have answered got interrupted by a new voice. "Ice Time Bomb!"

An orb hit Madara in the back, before expanding into a large block of ice. Sakazuki growled. "Kuzan! Stay out of this, he's mine!"

Kuzan looked at his fellow vice-admiral. "What does it really matter?" He asked.

Sakazuki considered that, and nodded. "You're right. The most important thing is that he is eliminated." He focused, and sent a focused shot of magma that evaporated the ice and burned away Madara's entire torso.

"It's over." Sakazuki stated.

"True, but for who?" Came a question from behind the two. The vice-admirals turned just in time to see a wave wash over them, after which both found themselves laying twenty feet back on the ground, too weak to move a single muscle.