Part 3

Madara sighed in happiness. "Finally, I am whole again." He had found his clothing, armor and even his battle-fan and sickle, and almost giddily climbed out of the rags he had worn so far. He had covered all of his possessions in seals, and especially with his armor it had paid, as the seemingly light armoring swam and withstood great pressures, a fact that without a doubt had saved his life. Now it was time to hunt Tenryuubito.

However, it seemed that someone else had had a similar idea, as Madara noticed that some of the houses were burning, slaves running through an open gate towards freedom, everyone else running around like headless chicken, nobody giving him a second glance. Almost bored, he snatched a saber from the scabbard of a marine running past, and seeing that it was a blade of inferior quality, buried it into the chest of a Tenryuubito running past, his suit on fire.

Suddenly, a shadow fell on him. He looked up, and straight into the eyes of a large fishman. His hands and feet were bleeding, but in his eyes he could see iron determination.

Madara smiled at him. "Good morning."

The fishman blinked, confused. "Morning?" He asked, Madara's response clearly not being what he had expected.

Madara smiled. "Where I come from, morning begins exactly one minute into the new day."

The fishman looked at him. By the way this guy acted, and the way he felt, he was dangerous. "Are you a helper of the Tenryuubito?" He asked. If so, then he would have to die quickly.

Madara looked at the Tenryuubito he had just killed, the burning one, snorted and nodded enthusiastically. "Oh yes, yes, I help them. In fact, I'm helping them become something very important for the ecosystem." He said while chuckling.

"And what would that be?" The fishman asked.

Madara gave him a smile that reeked of so much cheerfulness that the fishman shivered. "Fertilizer." He answered.

The Fishman looked at the Tenryuubito that was a few feet away. "So you did that?"

Madara shrugged. "Guilty. So who am I talking to?"

The fishman looked at him, the determination once again burning in his eyes. "I am Tiger Fisher, an adventurer. I have come to free my fellow brethren from the Tenryuubito's clutches. Who are you, human?"

Madara nodded to himself. "You climbed the Red Line all by yourself? Well, it would explain the condition of your hands and feet. My name is Madara Uchiha. I hail from far away, and was swept here. A Tenryuubito claimed me as a slave. As I know little of the world, I remained here for a while, milking this place for information. When the Tenryuubito tried to brand me, I killed him. I had decided to do the world a favor and... reduce the number of Tenryuubito. I personally care little of the other slaves, but I will not stand in your way, and since our goals seem to be close enough, would you mind if I accompanied you for a while, Tiger Fisher? A little more chaos is needed to hunt these rats out of their holes. Oh, and if you haven't found her yet, there is a mermaid chained to a pool over there. The guy is one of the larger slave-owners, I think his name was Rosewart, or something like that."

Tiger spun around in the direction Madara was pointing and smashed the stone fence with a punch. Madara whistled in approval. He'd have to find some more information about fishmen. He had heard rumors that some could enact some control over currents and water in common, but hadn't found any fact to back that up. Then again, he didn't trust a book about fishmen written by a human any more than he would have trusted a sheep's evaluation of a steak. People wrote about stuff they didn't understand, for glory, for a few coins, for whatever, that was true in this world just as much as in his.

The mermaid was quickly freed and the house stormed. Tiger had asked Madara to take care of the human slaves, while he freed his brethren. As it seemed, the lord was not at home. What a shame. Still, Madara opened the door to the human slave quarters. He played cheery. "Good news people! Mariejois is burning and your contracts have been canceled. Everybody out." He couldn't help it. The sound of fire and the panicked shouts had made him giddy. It made him remember his old world, and some of the fights. Of course not everything back then was great, and Madara had been tired of fighting, but that thrill when one faced an enemy one-on-one, that rush when both fought with all they had... he missed that.

The people looked at him, frightened, and Madara sobered. "All jokes aside, Tiger Fisher and I came here to free you all. Mariejois is on fire, so they have more pressing things to do than look for some runaway slaves." He walked around, unlocking collars with the keys he had loote... pickpocketed from the guards. It wasn't like they'd need them, or anything else, in the foreseeable future.

Amongst the free slaves, he found the three he had noticed before, the two snake-women and the much too young dancer. They looked at him completely frightened, and whimpered at any physical contact. Great, trauma-patients. Once he had freed all of the slaves, he turned to them. "Listen all of you, and listen well! You are free! You have been enslaved, you have been humiliated, but NO MORE! Retribution has come to your oppressors, and freedom welcomes you back into its arms! BUT! But, there are still those who wish to enslave you once more! I say to you now, DO NOT LET THAT HAPPEN! Mariejois will burn, and nobody will pay any attention to you. An opportunity like this will never occur again! I tell you all here, Run! Run and NEVER GET CAUGHT AGAIN!" Madara knew how to work a crowd. Being a clan-head meant that one had to.

The slaves obeyed and ran. They ran like the hounds of hell were after them, through broken walls and gates opened so that help could enter and the Tenryuubito could escape.

On the way out, Madara met Tiger Fisher again. The two nodded at each other in mutual respect. Madara spoke. "Free the slaves Tiger, you deserve it for climbing the Red Line. I will create a distraction that will keep the idiots occupied."

Tiger nodded. This man had come not to save, although he happily did so, but to kill. And indeed, with Tenryuubito dying, nobody would pay attention to a fishman running around freeing slaves. "Good luck, Madara Uchiha."

Madara smiled. "And godspeed, Tiger Fisher. We will most likely not meet again. It was an honor to walk by your side." The fishman had an unbreakable will and a fierce spirit, both of these things Madara wished for in those that fought alongside him.

With that, the two separated, Tiger to free slaves, and Madara to slay enslavers.