Part 9

Sengoku sighed. The three months had passed, and Madara had not made a single appearance. There was not even a rumor about his whereabouts, and while that was worrying in and of itself, it truly seemed that Madara had no further interest in the Tenryuubito.

So the world government had informed them that the Buster Call was now restricted instead of blocked, and that one should be prepared for Ohara. It would take exactly one week until the ships were ready and floating at Ohara's coast.

Sengoku prayed that nothing went wrong.

Scene change

Another interesting meeting Madara had was with a little girl that lived on the island. She was cute, with black hair, tanned skin, and blue eyes, and apparently she was quite lonely. Madara had first met her under quite unusual circumstances.

Madara had to on occasion leave the library, mainly to buy food. On one of his trips back, he noticed a quartet of kids running in a direction, and curious, decided to follow them.

He found them in front of a clearing, observing another girl, who seemed to be reading. He dimly recalled seeing her a few times in the library, but aside from that, he knew nothing of her. Then he noticed that the other kids were picking up rocks, and his eyes narrowed when they threw them.

"Monster, monster." One called, while another shouted "Why don't you just die, nobody misses you anyways!"

Okay, that was enough. Madara approached the children, but it seemed the girl could fend for herself. At first he thought her hand was stretching, then he saw that hands were sprouting, a new one out of the palm of the one before it, until they bonked the closest brat, apparently the leader, on the head.

"Ah, the monster's attacking!" One cried out, and they spun around... only to be face to stomach with Madara.

Said man looked down on them. "Throwing rocks. Really now. If you were my children, I'd give you all a good smack for this. You don't just throw rocks at others."

"Who cares, she's a monster." The girl of the group called out.

Madara looked to the attacked girl, who looked almost confused that someone would take her side. "You there, what's your name?"

"Me?" the girl asked. "I'm Robin. Nico Robin."

Madara gave her a friendly smile. "Well then Robin, could you look after my shopping?" He nodded towards his bags "seeing that I have my hands full with these rascals." And really, two kids each were hanging from his outstretched arms.

Madara looked at them. "So, you think throwing rocks at others is fun, huh? Maybe we should let Robin try that game, see how she likes it."

"That's different. Robin's a monster!" The boy declared.

Madara looked at them. "She ate a Devil-fruit, that's all. Many others did too. Many marines, and many pirates. What do you think will happen if they here you call them monsters? I know of a vice-admiral that can turn into lava, that's monstrous. Will you throw rocks at him too? I warn you beforehand, he has very little patience for such things."

The kids shook their heads. Madara snorted. "Didn't think so. Really, four of you must gather so you're brave enough to attack one girl, what heroes. You should cool your tempers, but you probably can't even swim."

Now the kids were upset. "What?" "Of course we can swim!" "We're not babies!"

Madara looked at them, playing shocked. "So all four of you can swim."

Four heads nodded.

"You are all really good swimmers?"

They laughed. "Of course! We're the best of our age, not like the monster."