Chapter 18 - Unfit Parents

J and Amir in the Mm at Flight Trampoline

Jermaine POV

"Come on Amir" Teyana said as she help him flip. We were jumping. It's been a hour and I could tell Amir wasn't ready to go. Teyana was getting tired though.

"Teyana?" I said and she shot up and looked at me. Her and Amir was laughing as he grabbed on to her leg. I told her come over and Amir walked closer, but continued to play. I told her come over and sit next to me.

"What's up?" She said and moved her hair over to a different side. She was breathing hard, as she smiled "how do you keep up with him"

"Use to it" I said and I could feel her tense and I grabbed her hand. She's been tensed since I said something in the car, but I can't remember what it was. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong" she lied and I chuckled at how badly she was at it.

"Let me know before it's something bigger tonight"

"Um Jermaine" she paused "how is Amir your little brother?"

I paused and I noticed I would have to tell her what's really going on. I looked over at a excited Amir. Playing with some kids he met because Teyana walked away.

"Because I wasn't a fit parent" I said and she looked at me with disgust and hate.

"Why the fuck would you not tell you had a fucking child?!"

"Teyana lower your tone" I said "you want to get loud?"

she heard my words and she thought for a minute.

"hear me out" I said "Amir isn't my son"

"So tell me!"

"Amir is my older brother's child, he's the unfit father" I spoke with anger "Amir's mother ran off with some nigga somewhere"

"Where's your brother?" She spoke calmly

"In jail for life, he asked me to take care of Amir like he was mine but my mother couldn't take that. My brother went to jail two months after Amir was born. I was seventeen when this all happened"

"And you want to be his dad?"

"More than anything in my life" he said "I'm sick of calling him my little brother"

"Um" she said and she became speechless. We both looked at Amir.

Teyana POV

My mind was spinning and my throat became dry. I stared at a very happy Amir. I could feel Jermaine regret what he told me and he sighed heavily. I didn't know what to say.

He wanted to raise his brother's child as his own and that meant he basically is a father. I didn't want to say that's a bad idea because it's his choice. Also I feel like, that seeing a black man want to step up to the plate to raise him is just mind blowing. We don't have a lot of men like that and I appreciate that. It's just that, it's a lot to take in so far.

I sat for a minute but turned out to be thirty minutes when J approached me.

"let's go" he spoke and I nodded and got up. We hurried and left. He held Amir hand as we crossed the street to the car. I trailed along slowly and got in the car. He strapped Amir in and got in and pulled off.

By the way he was driving I could tell this was eating him up alive. Well it was eating me up as well. Twenty minutes had passed and by the genre of music I could tell he was angry. I turned around to see a exhausted sleeping Amir. I smiled and turned back around.