Chapter 38 - Fool's Gold

Jermaine

"Can I meet you at the park?"

"I don't know" she spoke and she sighed. I banged my fist on the table.

"Please, five minutes. I just need to talk to you"

"Well right now really isn't a good time" she spoke with sincere in her voice. I could tell she was trying to hold her ground but she wanted to talk to me.

"Please" I begged her, sitting down on the bench in the part. The summer was really here cause the sun burned through my skin. Mosquitos looking for blood, they were just as thirsty as these bitches out here.

"Ok I'll be there in 5mins" she spoke and I nodded as if she could see me. She hung up before I could say okay. I sat back putting my hands over my face.

It's been 3 months since I seen babygirl. After I left her house that night, she didn't call and I didn't. I guess she thought I needed time, which I did. And I just never called. Or I guess our pride took over. Either way I missed her voice, I missed her aroma, I missed her love, and I missed her. She was everything I craved. I could feel her in my lungs and veins when I needed her the most. When we not together I don't even feel a buzz. We never said we were done but we never said we weren't.

It was moments were I was just angry with her because didn't call. I stalked her tweets and Instagram, making sure she was good. I visited her moms once or twice. Taylor always kept me posted because her and Mark still going strong. Any way I could get the inside scoop I did. I even heard she asked about me too. But too stubborn people in one relationship was what kept us away for so long.

I had to deal with my fucking self. I was emotionally drained and I had nobody. She (Amir's biological mother)  threatened that she would take my child away. That was like taking my freedom away. He was my fucking everything. She knew how to hurt me and that shit was working. She already took my brother away from me. After that I thought I would never see another bright day after that.

   I even went back to selling for a while. In till Hov found out and put a end to that. He finally got me to sign the contract after talking it over with lawyers and that legal shit. I have dropped singles and they doing good. Especially 'Workout' even though that's only for radio. Other than that I'm really not feeling that shit.

I got pulled out of my thoughts as my phone started to ring. I looked down to see it was Teyana. I answered and she sighed with attitude.

"Where you at?" She spoke and I heard her voice in the phone and out. But as I looked out I didn't see anyone that favored her.

"I hear you keep walking forward" I told her. I seen a girl with a little bit over collarbone length black bob with golden cocoa skin.

"You see me now" the girl spoke and I heard through the phone.

"Damn" I spoke as my mouth opened. Almost caused me to drool the way she was looking. She changed her look. She looked good as fuck. She had on these high waisted white suede pants that hugged them thick thighs like leggings but zipped in the back. Her ass was sitting high. She had on this bright orange cropped spaghetti strapped flowy blouse. Too top it off some gold expensive sunglasses and some scrappy gladiator brown sandals. Her hips in them pants had biting my bottom lip. That fresh hair cut made her look extra mature. And her signature red lipstick. I looked her up and down once again as my eyes burned from not blinking for a while. She had a body that couldn't be brought, mind that couldn't be propagandize, and a heart that couldn't be forgotten. She was grown now. It was amazing how a human can grow and develop in months.

"Wassup" I asked wiping my eyes and she sat down next to me. Leaning back and shrugging her shoulders.

We sat quietly and she sat on her phone. Soon checking her news feed on Instagram. She then put her phone down in her lap and looked at me.