KARR

"Turn away KITT! Turn away!" KARR warned as the two cars sped towards one another on a cliff road.

"I am not in control KARR!" KITT called starting to panic more than a little. He wasn't sure what Michael was thinking but this was getting out of hand!

"Turn away! Turn away!" KARR repeated, this time almost pleading now. KITT's driver wasn't giving in and he couldn't ignore his programming. He had no choice!

He tried to swerve away from his twin and lost control, flying off the road and over the cliff face with a terrified cry.

That was the last thing he remembered before an unknown pair of humans pulled him free from the sand on the beach below. He let them take him, and said nothing as he let them drive. Then he waited until they were gone before disappearing into the night.

Staying with some random humans would be a poor decision, as he was sure Michael and KITT would only hunt him down again and again until he was really destroyed. He knew he needed to get rid of them, before they got to him first.

KARR had been careful with the range of his scanner, only letting it go far enough for him to drive without crashing and reigning in his personal frequency. He waited near Foundation headquarters, well hidden until he managed to intercept calls between someone and Bonnie, then Devon and Michael. Now, he had managed to follow his twin and his driver all the way to Colorado. Once again he waited and watched the conflict. And he saw the oldest brother leave in a huff.

The AI had his in.

Silently, he backed out of the cliffside parking and followed.

Dillon wasn't hard to track with that bike of his being so loud. KARR couldn't help but compare it to someone yelling 'Hey, look at me!' What did humans call that...? That's right- compensating for something! He could use that to his advantage.

It wasn't long before the man pulled of the main road and onto a dirt one, so KARR followed without hesitation. They hadn't gone far when Dillon skidded to a stop on hus bike, then turned and fired a shot from his hidden sidearm. KARR was forced to a stop as well, mere feet from him. The bullet didn't even scratch him thanks to his molecular bonded shell.

"Was that really necessary?" KARR asked not bothering to hide the growl in his tone. If he didn't think he needed this guy, he would not have hesitated in ramming into him full force, molecular bonded shell or not.

"Damn straight it was!" Dillon shot back before getting a very surprised and possibly fearful look when he saw there was no driver, or anyone, actually in the car. "What the hell are you, some kind of possessed car?!?"

Of all the things to be asked, KARR was not expecting that. "Don't be absurd. Such things do not exist. I am the Knight Automated Roving Robot, or 'KARR.' An artificial intelligence created by Knight Industries to be the car of the future."

A short silence passed between them. "A car named KARR... Real creative," Dillon sassed, rolling his eyes but still not lowering his gun before he glared back while in the middle of his thoughts.

Knight Industries... Why did that sound familiar? Didn't his sister work for them at some point after college? Was this one of her projects?

Come to think of it, hadn't he seen this car in the parking lot at the sanctuary? "Are you that stupid car Katie helped build a while back? What, did she send you to deal with me?"

KARR was silent for a moment. He knew the name of everyone on the team that built him, and none of them were named Katie. Perhaps she had built KITT?

Either way he made sure to store that information in his data bank, as it made her both of interest and dangerous. As much as he didn't want to admit it he and KITT were built very similarly. The only difference was KITT was loved, and he was not. Katie will no doubt be the same as everyone else associated with Knight Industries, he thought bitterly to himself. "No, quite the opposite in fact," he responded to Dillon finally. "I'm here to help you deal with her."

Dillon raised an eyebrow in suspicion and titled his head to the side with a scowl. "...What's in it for you?" he asked, knowing full well that there was always a catch to this sort of thing. But he wouldn't be so quick to turn down such a tempting offer either way.

"You have heard the phrase 'scratch my back, I'll scratch yours?'" KARR asked, only to respond himself.

"You help me get rid of my problem; I will help you get rid of yours."