Taken

It had taken Katie a bit to fully calm down. Both Michael and especially KITT had tried to convince her to let Michael handle this for her, but she, of course, refused, trying not to be too stern with him. She understood he was worried about her, but he and Micheal needed to understand she did NOT need protection. She needed support to deal with this, not someone to do it for her. Once she was calm, she retrieved her bat, and they began making their way to the Devil's Rose. KITT had been instructed to stay back for now. From where they were, they had to take the alleyways and had planed to take a side alley to go through the front entrance but as they were walking Katie couldn't help but notice several people paying particular attention to them as they passed. She got a very bad feeling when she heard their footsteps as they walked past. Her fears were confirmed when a couple of men blocked their path.

"Pardon us, can we get by?" Katie requested gripping the leather strap of the bat more tightly.

"No, you can't girly." one of the men sneered at her.

"We don't want any trouble." Micheal chimed in, already knowing this was about to turn south.

"To bad, trouble already found you." Another man chuckled before rushing forward, taking a swing at Micheal.

Having a running start, Katie swung her bat down on one of the men, trying to swing at Michael and pin him to the ground. With a loud CRACK, it connected with his collar bone before he could follow through, and he hit the ground, shrieking from the well-aimed blow. Unlike most women in this situation, Katie had no problem using brute force and fighting dirty just like any back alley mobster. Despite her smaller size, she had the strength and the know-how, and if the situation called for it, she was damn well going to use it! Michael may have been aggravating her nearly this entire time with his flirtatious behavior, but she wasn't going to let him get killed by these jerks- whoever they were!

That being said, suddenly, a few of the men lost their focus on Michael and fixated on her. It gave him a small reprieve from his own fight as he boxed and grappled with three attackers, but Katie was surprised to hear one guy shout at the others. "It's that girl he wants! Get her!!"

She didn't have time to process those words before she noticed two men rush at her from behind. Whirling around She managed to dodge them both before she took another swing and smashed the bat right across one of their heads. He promptly collapsed while the other stumbled from missing his target, and Katie used the opportunity to try and put distance between them and herself.

The last thing she expected was to hear the roar of an engine and the squealing of tires on concrete, and she was caught off guard by a black car racing into the back alley behind the casino, shredding dirt and gravel as it went with its headlights blaring. On reflex, she skidded to a stop and nearly fell backward in a panic as the car came barreling toward her. But before she could turn to run the other way, it drifted to the side and came to a stop just short of running her over.

In a split second, her mind raced from one thought to the next, thinking it was KITT, to realizing it couldn't be. In every way, this car looked exactly the same...

Except the scan bar wasn't red.

That second of being stunned and confused was all it took before Katie wasn't able to react to two of the gang members who lunged forward. One immediately wrenched the bat from her hands while the other snared her from behind and practically hauled her off the ground, kicking and screaming. But she was nowhere NEAR done yet! He had her around the stomach and was stupid enough to leave her arms free, so in her next move she twisted around as far as she could and aimed for the gang member's eyes as she grabbed him by the face and dug her nails in as hard as she could. "Put me DOWN!!"