Chapter 14 A part of you--

Third person's pov

Meera gave her best in presentation, the atmosphere in the room was tense, and the clients gave nothing away from their faces. She was feeling beyond nervous, her feet tapping continuously but one sharp look from Elijah put her in silence. She bit her lips anxiously, waiting for the deal to get accepted. One thing she observed was odd that nobody looked Elijah in the eyes. Whenever anyone's eye met his, they will shiver involuntarily looking down. And before speaking anything they will gulp nervously. Every word coming from their mouth was like they put every effort to not anger him in any way. It was strange for her and bizarre. She was so into observing them while they said their opinion about the project, completely oblivious of the dark gaze of the dominating man beside her whose jaw was clenched so hard, knuckles white from his tightly clenched fists, and his eyes were so dark that it scared the living daylight out of the men sitting in the meeting hall afraid to their wit to unleash his wrath on them. He didn't like his doe looking at them, at all. He glared at the four men so darkly that they cowardly shivered in their place, avoiding looking at their boss's assistant who caught the eyes of the powerful man. Thankfully until now, they didn't even glance at her otherwise they can't imagine what their overly possessive boss would do to them. Even the thought alone made their blood run cold from fright. They want to keep their precious lives.

John who was sitting beside Meera noticed his boss's dark turmoil and nudged her lightly on her shoulder. He gulped when his boss's dark gaze fixed on him paralyzing him for a second. He closed his eyes for a second to calm his suddenly racing heart. Meera who was confused by the sudden interruption to her looked at John questioningly with a frown on her face. John looked like a ghost as he was so pale but why? He shook his head at her. She was about to ask him what when she felt a hand on her thigh. She froze momentarily, startled. Her thigh was squeezed, and the touch was so possessive that it made her feel something new like a belonging that she didn't like. She pulled her thigh while pushing the hand away with her small hands but to no use. She nervously looked around the room if somebody noticed it but everyone had their eyes downcast, and the one was still speaking about the project. Annoyed and a little out of place Meera was digging her nails into his skin but he didn't even hiss instead roughly pulled her towards him shocking her by the thigh. Her heart nearly jumped out of the chest.

Having enough of his doe looking at the dumb men, he placed his hand on her thigh, squeezing lightly. He whispered darkly in her ears when she dug the nails into his hand

"Don't even dare to look at the men, you are only mine!"

she glared at him. What nonsense is he up to? Clearly, she was not checking them out, he was out of his mind. She tried her best to remove his hand from the thigh but stopped when he moved his hand up. Freezing in fear she felt her heart jump to her throat. She looked at him wide-eyed feeling mortified. He looked at her sharply, again whispering with a dark promise.

"Try to remove my hand again, I will kiss you so hard in front of everyone that everybody will know who you belong to"

Sighing defeated, she let him, however uncomfortable it felt she can't do anything. She prayed to God to give her strength to endure him and for the meeting to end fast. Like her prayer was answered the clients said their decision. Mr. Anderson the CEO of AR industries spoke rather nervously but thought nothing of it and listened to him holding her breath silently again praying to God for the deal to be in her favor.

"I decline the deal"

her heart dropped, along with her hopes in a dark hole. She can't believe what she heard just now. In disbelief, she tried to speak in revolt but Elijah squeezed the thigh silencing her before saying authoritatively.

"Care to tell the reason, Mr. Anderson"

Mr. Anderson gulped with the heaviness of his voice and replied with many efforts,

"Although you did commendable improvements which will profit but not enough for us to invest. We are sorry, sir, but I couldn't accept"

Meera was so close to crying out loud but swallowed the lump in her throat for the sake of professionalism. She couldn't move from her place to bid farewell to the men who have now gone out of the room along with John leaving her alone with Elijah, who sat beside her. Her hard work didn't pay off, her only hope was to win her debt over failed which made the heart ache from the loss which not only indebted her to him but also took away a part of her. She couldn't understand where she lacked. She did her best but still, it was not enough. She took shallow breaths to control the wail escaping from her throat.

Elijah who was observing her since the moment his men left the room, looked at her carefully. Slowly he caressed her cheek, turning her head towards him. He gently removed the tear that she failed to notice rolled down her cheek. He then cupped her other cheek as well and said before placing his lips on hers.

"Stop crying it's just a failed deal not the end of the world"

his lips moved on hers roughly, dominantly, with possessiveness. He was waiting to kiss her like crazy from the moment his doe spared the stupid men a glance. If not for his plan to fail the deal he would have already done so but he wanted his plan to commence quickly so he can claim a part of his doe as soon as possible. The wait was slowly taking a toll on him. He sucked on her lips harshly gaining a hiss from her. She opened her mouth for a sob to escape when he darted his tongue inside deepening the kiss, licking every corner of her mouth. He sucked her tongue as well as took her breath away. She gasped, and a painful moan of helplessness escaped her throat. He felt gloated to hear it and he was the reason for it. Every sound his doe made is only for him. Only he can cause and listen to the sinful sounds, no one else, never ever. With one last suck and lick, and a peck on her now swollen lips he pulled back to see tears rolling down her cheeks nonstop from her eyes.

What did she expect? He was selfish only wanting to fulfill his desires. Not even having an ounce of humanity to see that she was sad after failing but no he downright kissed her like he would die any minute if not. And finally, the tears of helplessness, hopelessness, and failure spilled from her eyes and she let him do whatever. When he pulled back she didn't have the energy to open her eyes and see his smirking victorious face filled with an 'I knew so ' expression. She can't handle his snarky remarks but it felt like it wasn't enough for her when his voice resonated in the empty conference room.

"It's time for me to claim another part of you doe"

deepness in his voice and edged tone made her eyes open to see his face just a breath away with his lips brushing hers. A never before wild hunger and possessive look in his dark green eyes. She gulped nervously, how can she forget that he won't leave a chance or a second to claim what belongs to him. He doesn't care about others' feelings but his and his alone. And today she lost her one more part to him and him alone.

.....................................

Comments are always welcome!
I would love to hear what you think so far guys.
And of course, if you like the story don't forget to support it by dropping your precious vote.
Borahae💜