Chapter 15 --For me to take

Third person's pov

Her already fast beating heart started beating faster when he cornered her against the glass of the floor-to-ceiling window. Her stomach dropped when realization dawned like an avalanche that she was trapped between his muscular body and the glass wall. There's no way out. She scoffed at herself in mind, what did she think when she ran from her chair away from him after suddenly pushing him so that she can escape him? She can only wonder about it, he will not let her in any condition. And now looking at his eyes filled with feral desire for her, confirmed the doom awaiting to drown in the abyss. She gulped audibly, fear and nervousness creeping up her body the longer he looked in the eyes feverishly. She turned her head away when she felt him leaning towards her. His husky voice sent shivers down her spine in fright with his lips enhancing the said effect. He whispered in her ears announcing the ill fate, his voice showing the satisfaction surging in his veins.

"I am going to claim your neck so bad for the world to see doe that it will know that you belong to Elijah Mancini"

without giving her a moment to react he placed his lips just below her jaw, kissing the skin ever so lightly but the next second sucking vigorously. She sucked a sharp breath and closed her eyes tightly with hands clenched in fists by her side. He moved down to the crook of her neck placing open-mouth kisses along the way. He kissed deeply on the skin releasing an involuntary moan from her mouth which surprises her to the point that she freezes. Her body stiffens but it only encourages him more as he found her sweet spot. He grazes his teeth slowly making her shiver consequently. He then nibbles the skin. She bites her lips harshly to prevent any sound to escape feeling a weird sensation she has never felt before. It was unpleasant but at the same time pleasurable. She felt torn. She didn't want him to touch her, his touch was repulsive feeling disgusted but more at herself and helplessness, it felt pathetic. Sharp pain in the neck jolted her to reality. In reflex, she placed her arms around his arms which were placed on her waist tightly. She moaned in pain, shame engulfing her being. Elijah felt blissful, her moans driving him crazy in want. His doe felt amazing writhing underneath him. Her delicate skin felt amazing in his mouth. His teeth aching to mark it. And did he leave his marks on her milky skin. He felt accomplished, joyous to finally mark her his. Licking the burning spot he bit and sucked hard making her cling to him. He tightened his hold, biting again and again with sucking and licking alternately to form his first dark red hickey on her skin. He pulled back to see his work, a proud smirk forming on his lips seeing the hickey which surely will remain at least for two days. He looked at her tear-filled helpless eyes that widened seeing the raw possessiveness in his eyes. Her delicate swollen lips quivered in fright but ignoring all he went back to kissing her neck roughly, marking her with hickeys after hickeys. He didn't stop until he filled every inch of the skin of her neck with hickeys.

Meera cried in the bathroom of her office looking at the neck completely filled with hickeys in the mirror. She broke down in helplessness feeling pathetic, dejected, and defeated. He won. He marked her his as he said. She didn't want to be his. She was her own person and no one else's but it is becoming a faint resolve as slowly he is claiming her body. Today her neck then what next? Realizing she couldn't defeat him after all he is powerful, but she can't also give in without fighting her best. Wiping the tears harshly she stood straight, gulping the water down and willing herself not to cry. A knock on the door startled her. She jumped towards it placing the hand above her racing heart. Taking a deep breath she opened the door to see John. She tried to give him a small smile but failed when he smiled sympathetically at her. He informed that the boss wants her in his office. She nods her head unwillingly not wanting to see him. Can't he give her a break? It was only an hour since he last saw her. Sighing, she went inside his office, not before knocking. She looked at him smirking proudly. His eyes darted from her neck to the eyes. Her heart dropped but she composed herself and said timidly,

"You called for me? "

From his face to voice, he reeked of arrogance. Meera desperately wanted to forget what happened today instead of seeing the audacity of the person who brought it upon her.

"Yes, I did doe. Today went pleasantly good for me even after a failed deal"

Gulping at his remark with tears pricking her eyes she blinked them away. She waited for him to continue which he did after observing her reaction.

"After seeing you all broken and defeated, doe, I thought of giving you another chance. You did well but you should know it's business, not every time you succeed"

she nodded, suspiciously looking at him. He is definitely scheming something bad and her suspicions are proved right by his next words.

"You are going to improve the project. Mr. Anderson agreed to give you another chance after my persistence which I never do. But for you anything doe"

he smiled sinisterly at her and she couldn't believe her ears. Another chance? It was odd and weird, therefore she said suspicion filled in her eyes.

"You won't easily end my debt and give me another chance"

"So you finally understood me doe"

he said dramatically. She looked at him pointedly to which he smiled evilly and said darkly,

"If you failed doe, your dear childhood friend Saranya Roy will lose her job as well as your cousin Pranit Goenka will get rusticated from his college"

"I made it easy as you couldn't choose between them last time"

it felt like the land slipped from beneath her feet. He dragged her family into his evil game. No, she can't let him. Her heart thumped painfully in the chest from even thinking about the consequences. She was not confident after failing the first deal, if somehow she failed, her dear ones will suffer.

"Don't look so heartbroken, it's not like Saranya can't find another job for feeding her family as she is the sole earner in her house and your brother can do something else after being kicked out from his dream college"

her knees almost gave out on her, unsettling feeling in the pit of the stomach made her feel anxious in fright. He knows everything about her which terrorizes her to no end. She gulped fearfully. With eyes wide, she said in a trembling voice,

"I back off from my game I am not doing this deal"

"You don't have a choice. You put my company in line for this deal and for your information I never fail. So to maintain my reputation you must do it"

he said firmly forcing every word with a weight unknown to make her understand. She shook her head continuously in denial not wanting her loved ones to suffer, her brother and a sister-like friend will be heartbroken if what he said will happen. She can't let it.

"Either you do the deal or marry me. I give you this choice only"

along with her heart, she dropped to the ground from the weight of his merciless words. She was badly trapped. It was between her and her family. She can't marry this despicable man, ever in life but if she won't then her family will suffer. What to do? she can't do any given choice but he brutally cornered her in the game which she started with the hope of winning. After much thinking, taking a daring deep breath, she looked up at him looking back at her knowingly. She determinately said praying to God that what she is going to do turns in her favor.

"I accept doing the project"

....................................................

Comments are always welcome!
I would love to hear what you think so far guys.
And of course, if you like the story don't forget to support it by dropping your precious vote.
Borahae💜