𝓯 𝓸 𝓾 𝓻 𝓽 𝓮 𝓮 𝓷

~Y/n's POV~

"Is this how you two living?" He asked as we enter our small apartment.

"Did you just rent a room at the Ritz?" Enola asked back as she open the windows.

"I afforded myself a shade more comfort than this." He stated.

"Well the woman Enola boarded it off assured us this was a fine room." I said.

"Mmm." He hummed. "The woman you boarded off lied." He said, taking of his coat.

His gaze soon stopped at Enola's underwear and my sleep gown. Enola quickly got notice of it and shove it somewhere.

"We have a single bed, so you can take it and we'll just sleep on the floor." I informed him.

He quickly looked at, like I said something wrong. "No, I'll take the floor."

"No, you're the guest." I said. "You will take the bed, that's the end of this."

He sighs in defeat. He sat down on the bed, taking a newspaper that laid everywhere.

"Be careful with that. I haven't finished reading it yet." Enola informed.

"Oh, I'm in this one." He said pointing at his picture on the paper.

"So you are." Enola said.

"Look." He said, showing me. "Why do you keep all these old newspapers, Enola Holmes?" He asked.

"Our mother." She answered truthfully. "I'm waiting for her to leave us a message." She informed him. "She hasn't yet."

"Message? What..." He asked confuse.

"She likes ciphers." She starts. "Coded messages that need to be diciphered." She explained.

"And why would she leave you a message?" He asked.

Enola froze back. "Because she left us." I answered for Enola.

"And I thought she meant for me to find her, but I'm not sure she did now. So I left her a message and I'm hopeful of a reply." She explained. "I keep the newspaper to check." She said as she collected all the papers and stack it somewhere.

Tewkesbury looked at me with such pity and concern. I scoffed. "Don't look at me like that, Tewkesbury. I don't want your pity." I said folding the scarf in my hands and placing it inside the dresser.

"I'm sorry." He said.

I could feel his gaze, even I'm facing my back at him. "If you don't stop looking at me like that, Viscount Irritation, Marquess of Bothersomeshire, I'll muder you myself." I said annoyed.

I just don't want people looking at me, when they clearly don't have to.

"People don't seem to want us, do they?" He asked sarcastically.

"No." Enola answered.

"Still, at least we've got each other." He said smiling at the both of us.

We've made an eye contact. Enola noticed the tension. "I'll make us some tea." She said, excusing herself.

I just nodded. Fixing our spot to sleep tonight.

"So you genuinely believe my life's in danger?" He asked me. "Uh, from whom?"

"Your past and your future." I said simply, not even sparing any glances at him.

"Whatever does that mean?" He asked confuse.

"Your family. They didn't send a detective to find you." I started looking at him. "They could have, and they didn't. Instead, they sent a murderer." I explained, sounding so smart. "Oh Lord! I sounded like Sherlock." I said distress.

"Why would anyone want me dead?" He asked as he stood up and walk over me.

"Countless reasons." I said breaking our eye contact as I put the last scarf on the rack. "Your personality, your ridiculous hair, your silly smile, or possibly your land, your estate, your title, your seat. Same reasons they wanted your father dead. Greed does funny things to people, Tewkesbury." I said, sounding a little sarcastic.

"So now you're saying you think they killed my father?" He asked.

"We don't think. We know." Enola said interupting us.

"No. No, none if this makes the slightest sense. My father's death was caused by a botched burglary, and-- and it would have been easier to kill me before I ran away, rather than now--"

"I entirely agree. I think they tried to." Enola cuts him off.

Their voices are slightly raising. I hear the door slightly creaked. I immediately looked towards it and saw a hand sneakily holding it.

"I found the branch that almost killed you." She testified.

"You told her, Y/n?!" He asked towards me.

I slightly flinched.

"No, I was eavesdropping that night." Enola said. "It would've been cut."

"Cut?" He questioned.

I quickly took the kettle as it was boiling.

"Better you--" Lestrade tried to said, but I cut him off as I hit him with the kettle. "Oh, gosh! Oh!" He yelled in pain.

We quickly ran away from the room and went to our bedroom.

"Come back here!" He yelled.

"Who's he?" Tewkesbury questioned.

"Move the chest!" I instructed as soon as the door closes.

"Open up, Miss Possy, or should I saw Miss Holmes?" He yelled from outside the door.

We are all pushing the chest to prevent him from entering. He was banging it really vigorously.

"Inspector Lestrade, I need to report an attempted murder." Enola exclaimed. "You're supposed to be on our side."

I looked around me and saw the open window. "See that window over there?" I said pointing at it. "It leads to the roof. I need you two to climb out and take off into nowhere." I said as I push harder.

"And leave you?" Tewkesbury asked, as if I was insane.

"I need to hold this door!"

"But you need to get away too!" My sister said.

"If he catches you, your life will be in danger. If he catches Enola, she would have to do something she doesn't want to." I pointed out. My eyes started to water.

"I don't want to leave you, Y/n." He said.

"Enola, you two ran off." I faced my sister. She just shook her head. "Now, go!" I said. "I said, go! Go!"

They both started climbing off the window. Tewkesbury let my sister first. He looked at me one last time.

"Take care of her." I mouthed at him.

"I love you." He mouthed.