Chapter Twenty Four - Emelia

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER DOES CONTAIN MATURE CONTENT. PROCEED WITH CAUTION.     

                       Emelia

                The jet hit turbulence and Emelia noticed Damien’s fingers grip the chair.

                “Is the big bad wolf afraid of flying?” She teased. Her mate’s eyes moved over to her with a smirk.

                “Not so much flying as crashing,” he responded. Emelia smiled and scooted closer to him, feeling another episode come on.

                “Touché,” she mumbled, rubbing her face against his shoulder. He turned and wrapped his arms around her hips, hauling her onto his lap. She sighed in contentment.

                “Do you want me to adjust the temperature?” Damien asked.

                “No, no. Just…keeping doing this,” she quietly stated. Her eyes nearly rolled to the back of her head in pleasure when Damien’s palm started to run up and down her back.

                “I need to know how far you want me to take it, Emelia. So I know how far I can push myself,” Emelia tried to think about his words but his touch was very distracting at the moment.

                “Hold on,” she struggled to get off his lap and stand, moving across the seating area and sitting opposite of him, “What was the question?”

                Damien laughed, fully amused by his affect on her in her current state, “How far are you willing to go with me, Em?”

                “So far,” she mumbled, her eyes glazing over. They travelled down to his lips and she smiled when she saw the corners of his mouth tug into a grin.

                “Think clearly,” he softly ordered. Her eyes snapped back to his and she blushed.

                “I-I don’t know. I don’t want to feel like this anymore, but I don’t know if I’m ready for…you know… that,” her voice was even and she was quite proud of that.

                “Eventually, you’ll be too hot for me to help you in any other way, though. I want to push it off to make you comfortable too, but if you’re screaming in pain and nothing is working, I need to know you want me to do it,” Damien explained his concerns.

                “Hopefully I come to terms before I have to scream in the first place,” she huffed, causing Damien to chuckle, “But yes, I’ll be okay with it then.”

                “Good. Are you tired?”

                “I’ve slept for three days, I think I’m set for at least a few more hours,” she sarcastically stated, smirking.

                “What would you like to do for a few more hours then?”

                “Tell me what happened. You know, after I single-handedly saved the world and everything,” she grinned.

                “You mean after you passed out?” Damien elaborated. Her grin dropped to a playful smile.

                “I suppose.”

                “I picked you up and told Colten to get the doctor. We brought you to the infirmary and Elliot told me he would stay with you. I wanted to stay for you too, but there was a part of me that needed to make sure Nicolai was dead. So I left you with your brother and went to go find him. Luckily for me, he was still alive and I got to rip his head off,” Damien told her. A sense of closure hit her then and she thought of her parents, “While I was away, Sage got too anxious. You were unconscious and you couldn’t protect yourself. She took over. She was still wide awake so she forced the shift to happen in order to look over you.”