Chapter Six - Damien

Damien

It had been two days since he had last seen her. He had woken up on the plane on the way back to Australia, frantically searching for her only to find worried looking doctors surrounding him. He cringed when he moved his arm, feeling an IV needle digging inside of him, and soon fell back to sleep.

The second time he had woken up, he was in the pack hospital, which was located in the basement of the Mohegan Pack House. The white walls burned his eyes as he sat up; he was seriously considering ordering a group of wolves to paint the partitions a less vivid color. A doctor came in and explained that an antidote for the venom had cleared up any and all problems that had occurred in his system.

Damien stormed out as soon as he got his golden bill of health, desperate to find Colten. His office was the first room Damien barged into. Lucky for the alpha, his friend was seated in a maroon leather chair, watching something on his computer. When Colten sensed another presence in the room, he paused the video.

"Damien," Colten grinned and stood up, acknowledging his superior in a polite manner. The beta had been worried about his friend since they parted ways in the Congo. When he found out that Damien had been injected with wolfsbane his worry grew. So when Damien stepped into his office two days later, Colten was ecstatic. He could see that Damien didn't share the same feeling, though, as the look on his face showed turmoil.

"I sent some wolves out to follow them. Where are they? Where is she?" Damien's eyes were frantic and Colten noticed. The beta knew that he was talking about the underground organization called the Blade, but he felt as if Damien was a little too pent up to hear all the details.

"Damien, calm down. Why don't you take a seat? Gretchen?" He called. A small brunette woman stepped into the room. Her eyes zeroed in on the alpha and she swallowed a rather large lump in her throat. The girl, Gretchen, had been weary around him ever since she notice his intense gaze on her when she was completing her duties.

"Yes, sir?" Her eyes were timid and Colten knew that Damien's presence scared her. He tried to break the tension by continuing to speak.

"Would you please bring the Alpha and I some coffee. I would like two sugars and a dash of creamer. Damien?" The younger male looked to his left to find that Damien had an impatient and non-amused look on his face.

"Black," Damien grumbled, sitting down on the couch that Colten insisted on keeping in his office. The girl left as quickly as she came and Colten's attention was back on his old friend.

"What do you want to know first?" Colten questioned. A lot of things had happened since the Alpha had been on bed rest, and Colten had a difficult time deciding what topic would ease the Alpha into the touchy situation.

"Where did they go? The group of them; the Blade, where did they go?" Damien emphasized the group's name and Colten immediately spilled the information.

"Ah yes, the Blade. I've been doing some extensive research on them. You know, to gather some statistics about what we are going against," Damien nodded, allowing him to go on, "Well, there is none, boss. There isn't a single trace of the organization anywhere on the Internet. The entire corporation has been kept under tight wraps for the entire duration of time it's been running,"

The Alpha did not like hearing that. His fists clenched and unclenched and he breathed heavily, trying to control Luca, who had been dormant since their time in Ethiopia due to the wolfsbane. Damien knew he needed a run soon, but he was more interested in hearing about his mate.

"Where is the specific group I sent wolves after?" Damien inquired.

"France," Colten paused, "Hale, Victor, and Xavier followed them to France."