Chapter Five - Emelia

Emelia

“We are leaving first thing in the morning,” Emelia rushed out the words to her sergeant.

“Emelia, with all due respect, we lost a few members today. It wasn’t many and I know you weren’t very close with them, but others were. They need time to mourn,” Micheal stood in the middle of the room where Emelia was being kept. Her cuts had caused her to lose a hefty amount of blood and she had collapsed on the way into the bunker.

“They can mourn back in France,” She retorted. She couldn’t stay in Ethiopia any longer. She needed to get back to France - and fast. Micheal was right when he said she didn’t know the people who had passed. There were only three; two boys and a girl. All three were younger than Emelia, and it tore her apart to think that in a few short months Elliot could be in that position. Either way, she thought it was pointless to stay another day just so the Blade could mourn. Grieving was something you could do anywhere, especially in France.

“What happened out there, Emelia?” Micheal took a step closer to her and she hardened. There was no way she would let him find out about the werewolf she had encountered that day.

“Please go inform everyone of our departure,” She spoke, pleased that her voice didn’t show any emotion.

“Very well,” Micheal nodded, turned, and left the room. Emelia’s mind flashed with a picture of the dark brown wolf she had saved earlier. Normally, Emelia would’ve let them all die, but she knew if the Blade went up against vampires and werewolves, the humans would be the first to be slaughtered.

Emelia lay back on her bed, smirking at the look of pain on the wolf’s face when she shoved the needle into his left pectoral muscle. The asshole thought that she wasn’t smart enough to injure him. He looked at her like he could break her with a flick of the wrist. In reality, that was true, but fighting wasn’t only about physical strength. It incorporated strategies and quick thinking and Emelia was proud of herself for taking down a werewolf that was clearly higher ranked. He gave off a powerful aura that gave her the chills and she hated how he had that affect on her.

She untied her boots and threw them across the room, not caring where they ended up. She collapsed back onto her bed and sighed, shaking the thought of the wolf out of her head. She suddenly wished she had injected the wolfsbane into his heart, maybe she wouldn’t have to worry about him anymore.

“Watch your back; I’m going to find you,” She smiled at his threat. He wouldn’t get anywhere near her. She’d rather die.

----------------------

                “I don’t have to answer to you, Idenhall. I told you that the French division would take care of the vampires and we did. End of,” Emelia stood in the tunnel, leaning against the cool tile.

                “And what about the werewolves? Did you anticipate their presence?” James’s accusing tone caught Emelia off guard and the brown wolf creeped into her mind. She had successfully kept all thoughts of him away from her, but the mention of werewolves in Ethiopia allowed him to barrel in.

                “Obviously I wasn’t aware of them being there, James! You honestly think I would send my team into a battle against two supernatural forces willingly?” She was steaming and her feet led her to pace back and forth.

                “I’m just asking, Emelia. Calm down. I swear you’re so juvenile,” Emelia had the urge to spit curses at the man on the other end of the call but she held herself back.

                “Idenhall, you know I made the right decision about the werewolves. There was no way that our small amount of fighters could’ve taken on both species. I made sure that everyone had wolfsbane on them in case the weres wanted to start a fight, but other than that we weren’t equipped to do anything about them,” Emelia fought back, “Besides, the wolves weren’t the problem this time. The vampires were our sole purpose and the wolves were helping to defeat them,”