Chemistry

You two end up sitting together in that elevator as you eat. He begins the conversation about general things, keeping your mind from what it was that hurt you today and you couldn't help but feel grateful..he's easy to talk to and he's easy to trust, but there's something about him you find as intimidating. You come clean about what your deal is and you both ease again into light topics. You softly bite your lip as your eyes trail over his face, drinking him in as he talks. Wondering how his facial hair could feel in your hands. He smiled at you and you hear, "what about you?"
"Huh?"
"I asked what your favorite book was."
"My favorite book is probably.. Duma key by Stephen King." You respond and suddenly find you have an inner desire somewhere south. The way that he's looking at you, we'll. There's something extremely intimate.
Your eyes find his face again and maybe it is because you're vulnerable and he's sweet, and he's signing that he's interested..but you lean in and softly place your hand at his thigh. close to [it.] 
He softly exhales and lean in as your lips nearly touch. So close but yet, galaxies away. You forget for a second why you were ever upset.. there's a toxic pleasure in being wanted, especially like this. You could smell his cologne before he cuts the moment shirt, pulling away.
"We should Stop (y/n)..we're at a work place, and you're going through a hard time. It's just not a good idea."
Just then the doors are pried open. Oh fuck, what did you just do?!
You're softly helped from the car and soon both of you head your separate paths, but then you walk to him.
"Mister Teller- I'm sorry!" Your tone is panicked.
He pauses, turning toward you.
"Honestly don't mention it. I understand. Just let us start over."
"Please."
Mister Teller smiles encouragingly at you and you're left angry at yourself. something else entirely took over in that elevator.