Chapter 6 - Fruit of the Poisoned Tree

God, I'm hungry.

I walked downstairs and made my way to the kitchen, laying a hand on my growing stomach. I just hoped it doesn't start growling because that would be embarrassing. The first thing I did was rummage through the fridge, I had no idea what I wanted but I was craving something.

"Good morning," I heard Elijah say and saw him standing in the doorway.

"Hey," I smiled and continued to rummage.

Elijah was back home now, which I was glad about. Hopefully, things will get better with him around but I know I'm just being optimistic. But what's wrong with that?

I turned around when Rebekah came through the french doors behind me.

"Listen, I know I'm the only one who drinks milk but would it kill any of you to put it on the grocery list?" I said.

"Speaking of, add bleach," Rebekah replied.

She's obviously going to be cleaning something and I had a feeling it was a something bloody, it always was in this house. I grabbed a tub of ice cream and put it on the counter.

"You know, I do hope my siblings were hospitable towards you in my absence," Elijah expressed.

"In your absence as you like to call it," I said, grabbing something else out of the fridge. "Which is a way too polite way of saying your brother put a dagger in your heart. I have been attacked by French Quarter vampires, I've had to live in a house with a secret dungeon full of coffins and I was nearly murdered by witches who are convinced that my baby is Lucifer."

As I was talking, Elijah had taken the ice cream and put in back in the fridge. I looked at what he was doing and he was making me breakfast. Muesli with orange juice. There was also milk, which I hadn't seen.

"Oh, milk," I said, feeling like an idiot. "They've been fine."

Elijah looked at me.

"Your siblings are weirdly protective, I know I have you to thank for that. That way I don't have to worry about my best friend getting killed, she's just as protective of me as they are."

"I'm just happy to see that you're in one piece," he told me before handing me my breakfast. "So back to the murderous witches, I have some concerns."

"They're evil," Hayley told him, walking into the room. "And her life is still magically linked to Sophie Deveraux, which is not comforting."

"Yes, I think it's time we took care of that little problem."

"I am all for it," Rebekah had returned and she was dragging a dead girl. "As soon as they're unlinked, we get to leave this crap town. Who do we have to kill?"

"Probably no one."

I raised my brows at him, seriously?