Twenty Five - Insight

The ball went soaring through the air, landing in the pocket of the lacrosse stick. "Nice throw," Jeong Hyeok heard his brother in law tell his son as he lopped the ball back to him.

"So, what are Se Ri and Eun Jung up to today?" Young Ae asked. Jeong Hyeok took a sip of hot coffee, sitting in his seat in the sunroom, his eyes watching his nephew practice his current obsession.

"They're shopping with Se Ri's Eomma," he informed his sister.

"So... a day with no family and no work? And you chose to spend it with me instead of gallivanting with your friends? Should I be honoured or worried?"

"You know it's always an honour to hang out with you, Noona," he replied, attempting to sound light and apparently failing.

He felt Young Ae's eyes boring into him appraisingly. "Worried it is," she surmised after a minute. She picked up her chair, turned to face him, and leaned forwards, resting her chin on her fist. "What's the matter? Trouble in paradise?"

Jeong Hyeok rubbed his temples, wondering if he was really going to have this conversation with his sister. But then again, what was the alternative? He wasn't about to have it with Seung Joon, or-dear lord-Chi Su. Even if they didn't have the emotional maturity of 12-years-old, he needed a woman's perspective. "Things with Se Ri have been a little... tense, lately," he admitted.

"I thought things were going well. You two were great at the last dinner."

"Yeah," Jeong Hyeok agreed, wrapping his hands tightly around his mug and taking a sip of his coffee. "I thought so too."

"So, what happened?" she asked.

His lips pursed together in frustration. "I think a better question would be 'what didn't happen?'."

"Alright," Young Ae tilted her head to the side in curiosity. "What didn't happen?"

Jeong Hyeok sighed, glancing at his sister out of the corner of his eye. "Sex," he finally admitted. "Sex hasn't happened."

Young Ae nodded her head knowingly. "And I am guessing the topic has started... coming up-pun intended."

Jeong Hyeok groaned at his sister's terrible double entendre. "Yes, the topic has come up." He replied with a glare.

"Okay, so tell me about it."

"Wha-Tell you about it?" Jeong Hyeok asked, his face scrunching up in disgust. "Like... details?"

"No, in the vaguest possible euphemisms." Young Ae quipped.

"You're my sister." He protested.

"Yes, and by nature of the language that makes me a woman. And I am a woman who has sex which makes me an ideal person to talk to about this."

"Gross," He didn't need to be thinking of his sister that way.

"Oh please," she rolled her eyes. "I know you don't think the stork brought Jun Woo to us."

"Fine," Jeong Hyeok huffed. There was no use avoiding it. Reluctantly, he began to tell Young Ae what was going on.

"Okay," she nodded when he was done. "So let me get this straight. Sex had been off-limits on the order of your therapist. Then, after your date, you almost did the dirty, and Se Ri seemed into it at first, but then stopped it, citing your shrink as the reason. But then, at your session, your shrink told you sex actually is okay now and you were all ready to pull your girl into the nearest closet to devour her, only it turns out... surprise!-she is not ready to do the deed just yet and she won't tell you why."