4. Happy Chuseok!

1/10/20

Hoseok 1st Person POV

I am a few minutes away from Hyunjin's apartment. I had my chauffeur/security drive me to his place from my parents' home. I spent several hours celebrating Chuseok with family and close friends to our family. It was pleasant to see everyone. It was a little tiring being well-mannered around my grandparents, aunts and uncles. But, now, I can kick back and relax with my closest friends.

It's now a little past 9pm and I'm getting close to Hyunjin's apaprtmemt.  He's gathering our circle of friends since a lot of us are in town for the holiday. And, this will be more compared to the gathering he had at the studio. Hyunjin informed me that he invited his cousin, Sohyun, so there's a likelihood that if she does appear she'll bring her friend, Roxy, along.

Of course, I didn't want to wait to see if Roxy shows up or not. I texted her on my ride over to Hyunjin's apartment, casually asking if she and Sohyun are joining us for our little gathering.

She's been on my mind since I first met her at Hyunjin's dance studio building. Being a foreigner, she definitely has exotic features and I can't lie and say I'm not drawn to her, because I am. I'm completely taken by her beauty. And, then, she and I were able to converse more last night at Hyunjin's family Chuseok gathering, where we all made songpyeon. It was actually fun talking to her and learning about her own country's culture and hearing her stories about how she's adapted to the culture in my country, so far.

Roxy asked me about my work and I shared as much interesting details about life as a Korean idol. She seemed genuinely interested, even admitting to me that she had no idea how huge K-Pop is around the world and how protective our fans can get. She shared a thought with me- that if we have fans that care so much for us it's likely because our music has powerful messages and that we are genuine to our fans. And, honestly I would like to think that's the reason why our fans have our backs. The guys and I try to be as authentic and genuine for ARMY.

One thing I didn't go into detail with Roxy is how fans of their idols aren't privy to their favorite members dating.

Thinking about the topic, myself- I wonder how fans would react if I dated someone who's not Korean. I know people would go crazy if they found out any of us in BTS is dating, regardless of that significant other's ethnic background. But, it would be a whole other situation if I dated someone who's not Korean.

I've had this conversation with my parents before. I've only dated Korean women, so far in my life. But, my parents have told me that if I fell in love with someone who didn't share the same ethnic background as me, which could happen given the people I meet when I travel all over the world, they would support any relationship I'm in. Though, they said they would only be supportive as long as that person makes me happy, which I think is fair and I appreciate my parents for being open and understanding in that regard. If anyone's opinion matters when it comes to who I'm with, it's my parents opinion that ultimately matters, and I'm glad they're supportive of that possibility.

Anyway, you'd think I would have dated women from other countries, by now. Some of the guys in the group aren't shy about hooking up so they've definitely been involved with women of different races/nationalities. For me, I'm not interested in flings. And, the reason I haven't dated much is because I'm never in one place long enough to try any kind of relationship.

Now, I just met Roxy. There is something about her that has already drawn up so much of my attention. But, as much as I'm attracted to her and find her fascinating from the time I've been able to talk to her, I won't get ahead of myself. If anything, I hope we can be friends.