12. It's Official

24/12/20

Hoseok's 1st Person POV

It's Christmas Eve and I know Roxy has been more homesick than ever. She told me a week ago how she wished she could be with her family during Christmas, and I really can sympathize with her.

I've experienced a lot of different holidays where I couldn't spend it with my family. So, I can understand how it's a tough time for her. I don't want her to feel lonely, so ever since she mentioned being particularly homesick during this time, I wanted to do something thoughtful to make it more of a pleasant time for her.

The first thing I did was scour online as well as have my assistant go out to look for a specific present that I thought Roxy would love.

After that, I looked into my schedule to see the best time I could give Roxy the presents I picked out for her.

My parents are in town for the holidays, staying at my place until the day after Christmas. I had invited Roxy to have dinner with me and my family on Christmas Day at my sister's home, but she told me she didn't want to impose and be in the way of our family time. She also admitted that she wasn't sure she was ready to meet my family and would be too nervous to do so. I understand her anxiety and didn't want to pressure her. If she isn't ready, I can at least visit her after the Christmas dinner. I already told her that I plan on bringing leftovers and that she'd be crazy to turn it down because I claimed my mom to be an amazing cook. She laughed and said I'm more than welcome to bring her food and we could cuddle and watch Christmas movies.

But, I didn't want to do just that because I felt like she deserved something more special. So, when I found out that our group would have our evening free on Christmas Eve, I planned out something special for us to do.

I want her first Christmas in Seoul to be a pleasant and memorable one so I just want to go all out for her.

It's now 7pm. Before heading to Roxy's place, I had spent some time with my parents, my sister, Dawon, and Dawon's fiancé, Hangyeol, at Hangyeol's parents' home. Now, the rest of the night will be focused on Roxy.

Before heading to Roxy's place, I drove to my apartment to pick up some important items and picked up fried chicken from a place I introduced to Roxy a while back. It's become one of her favorite places. And, since I am close with the Ahjumma who owns the restaurant, she was more than happy to prepare my order. The ahjumma treats me and the other guys from my group, like her own children, so we love to all go there to support her business.

Now, I'm here in front of her door, happy to spend more time with her.

As soon as the door opens for me, I am met by Roxy's bright smile.

"Hobi! Come on in!" She lets me in and she informs me she needs to do a couple more things and she'll be ready for me to take her out.

"What are we doing, Hobi?" She asks me as I watch her turn off her curling iron in her bathroom. I can see her perfectly from her couch I'm sitting on.

"It's a surprise," I simply tell her and flash her a grin.

"Fine! I think I'm ready, so let's go!" She enthusiastically says, now with a big gift bag in her hands.

"Is that for me?" I eye the bag, curious about what's inside.

"Yes! You said you're taking me somewhere special to open my presents. Did you think I was not going to get you anything to open?" She beams at me and I'm just completely captivated by her smile.

"Honestly, I wasn't expecting anything. All I really wanted was to spend time with you," I honestly tell her and the smile she gives me right at that moment makes my heart skip a beat.