17. Jackpot

14/03/21

Hoseok's 1st Person POV

"I'm heading to my room, guys," I tell the five members who remain in the suite. We had just finished a VLive broadcast about twenty minutes ago. Taehyung had received a call from Yoohyeon a few minutes after the livestream and excused himself while the rest of us stayed and talked a bit more about our night.

Our song, Dynamite, did not win a Grammy tonight. And, although it's disappointing, we are still ever so grateful that we were nominated in the first place and that we were able to perform the song on stage.*

I decided to excuse myself when I saw a text from Roxy, asking if I'm free to call. I immediately texted her, letting her know that I was heading back to my hotel room to take a quick shower and that I would call her when I'm ready.

After a half hour passed of taking a much needed relaxing shower, and also doing some face treatments, I get into a baggy beige t-shirt and gray sweats. I sit at the table where staff had placed some food while I was giving myself a facial.

Awaiting for me is a delicious steak and jjapaguri like I had requested along with some bottled water and sprite. Before I dig in, I pull up Roxy's contact and hit the button to FaceTime her. As it's ringing, I prop my phone up on the table so that it properly has me on the screen. When I have it standing how I want it, Roxy answers.

Hoseok:
"Hey, Beautiful."

At my words, I see Roxy smile softly through the screen. I had to tell it like it is! Even though she's just finished working at school and had a long day, like she had said in her previous text to me, she still looks like a million bucks. She's beautiful, and I miss her more than ever right now.

Roxy:
"Hey, Hobi. I saw your VLive. You boys looked exhausted. You look all comfy now and I see you're about to eat?"

Hoseok:
"I am! It's nice to be in comfortable clothing. And, I'm starving. I hadn't eaten since earlier today. We've been so busy with everything having to do with the Grammys."

Roxy:
"Oh, I bet! I'm glad you're able to relax and eat."

Hoseok:
"Me, too. What about you? It's around 4pm there in Seoul? You just finished class, right?"

Roxy:
"Yes, the students just left. And, I just tidied up a bit. I just thought I'd call you while I wait for the driver to pick me up to take me to your place."

Hoseok:
"I'm really glad you're using the services. I know you'd rather use public transportation but I'd just feel better with you being safe and having my driver take you home."

Roxy:
"I know. I do like that you look out for me, Hobi."

Hoseok:
"I do! Anyway, what are you planning on having for dinner?"

Roxy:
Sohyun is going to pick me up at your place around 6pm. She and I are going to go out for dinner."

Hoseok:
"Oh, fun! Do you know where you're going to eat?"

Roxy:
"We are planning on going to Myeongdong Street Alley!"

Hoseok:
"Oh! I'm jealous! I wish I could go with you and Sohyun! Eat some tteokgalbi meatballs for me!"