V: bill & stan

The King called up his jet fighters, he said: you better earn your pay. Drop your bombs between the Minarets, down the Casbah way.

"I fucking love this song," Stan sighed with a relieved smile on his face.

"M-Me too..." Bill said as he started to tap his foot on the floor, following the rhythm.

"BILL, IT'S THAT GIRL BEVERLY, FOR YOU!" Zack's voice was heard from downstairs, interrupting the boys' moment.

"COMING, D-DAD!" Bill shout back, before whispering "I'll be right back" to Stanley, who only answered with the same smile.

Stan kept listening to the music with his eyes closed, his curls falling on his face as he subtly moved it to the rhythm of The Clash. He really enjoyed listening to Combat Rock at any of his friend's houses, because, of course, his parents never allowed him to listen to it at home. They didn't even listen to it properly, they just thought that a rock song mentioning the word 'Kosher' had no way of being appropriate for his little boy to listen to... They also banned the rest of the album.

Sharif don't like it. Rockin' the Casbah, rockin' the Casbah.

"HE THINKS IT'S NOT KOSHER!" Stan sang, a bit louder, along with Joe Strummer's voice. He felt that single sentence with every cell of his body.

Rockin' the Casbah, rockin' the Casbah.

When the song stopped, Bill walked through the door, Stan opened his eyes to look at him.

"Hello there, h-handsome," Bill whispered as he sat next to Stan.

"Shut up..." He answered as he rolled his eyes. "What happened to Bevs?" Stan asked.

"Richie t-told her he and Eddie will go hang out at his house today and she w-wanted to come here and plan something to g-get them together once and for a-all. But I told her t-that I had to h-help my dad with s-some stuff," Bill answered.

"Once and for all? Didn't they start talking like... on Tuesday? I mean, it's cool that Eddie is hanging out with us right now, I like the dude but... Let them take their time, knowing Richie he'd get over it or into Eddie's pants by Saturday."

"C-Calm down man, R-Richie is our friend."

"Never said nothing about that, just... That's him, we all have flaws."

"Well, you d-don't," Bill said, smoothly.

"Yeah, sure..." Stan bit his lip. "Why didn't you tell Beverly to come?" He asked.

"B-Because, if Beverly is h-here, I can't do t-this..." Bill answered as he got close to kiss Stan on his lips, delicately, caressing his cheek even more carefully.

"You are so corny..." Stan admitted with a smile. "But we could do that with Beverly and any of our friends here if we told them..."  He said as he pulled apart from him.

"T-There you go again," Bill said, breathing deeply.

"Yes, there I go again because I think that we should tell them."

"I think w-we should n-not. I-I don't want t-to create drama on the g-group. I-It'll cause p-problems and will make e-everyone uncomfortable."

"What are you even talking about? Richie is literally trying to hook up with a guy he just started talking and you think a relationship of almost six months will make them lose their heads? Did you forget is OUR FRIENDS who you're talking about? We're all a bunch of fucking queers!" Stan complained as he stood up from Bill's bed, trying to get the furthest away from him as that room allowed them. "It's not like we're just hooking up, will break up and make everyone fucking uncomfortable."

"S-Stan, c-calm down, p-p-please..." Billie stood up too. His stutter started to get worse as he got more and more nervous. "It's n-not that."

"Then what is it? Because you're always acting so brave and being such a leader until you ACTUALLY need to stand up for us, right?"

"T-That was so u-uncalled for!" Bill complained. "Stop a-acting like this, f-for christ's s-sake!"

"But I never get an answer from you! WHY can't we tell our friends? They know you're bi, they know I'm gay, I don't understand! I'm not asking you to come out to the whole school, I'm not even asking you to go to prom with me! That's how pathetic I am! But they are our FRIENDS Bill."

"Y-Yeah but... I-If we break u-up, they'd have to ch-choose sides and I-I-I don't want t-to f-force them!"

Bill tried to explain himself, but Stan didn't seem to believe him. He looked like he was trying to bring something up, that there it was something that he wanted to say...

"There you go again, trying to act like a fucking martyr! Beverly and Richie are like... Your closest friends. Why didn't you tell HER, huh? Why just Richie?"

That. That was it. Beverly again.

Yes. Bill had the BIGGEST crush on Beverly for the longest time, two years approximately, but it has been over for almost a year already... Since Beverly found out she was a lesbian and Bill understood his feelings for Stanley.

And William was being honest. He could swear on his life that he was.

"W-What the fuck are y-you i-insinuating? H-Huh?" Bill asked, very offended. He crossed his arms over his chest, waiting for an answer.

"Well, you've been avoiding telling Bev about this for the whole time we've been dating. What do you think I'm trying to say?" Stan lifted one eyebrow.

"B-Be clear w-with me, m-man. I-I'm no m-mind r-reader."

"Are you STILL in love with her, Bill?"

Bill couldn't believe it. From all the things that could cross through Stan's head...

"F-Fuck you, S-Stanley. T-This is r-r-ridiculous!" Bill finally broke.

"See it from my point of view, yeah? How would you feel in my place?"

"I-I wouldn't d-doubt you l-like this! I-I'm so off-f-ffended!"

"Yeah, keep ditching the subject!" Stan looked at Bill once more and then he looked at the door. "You know what? I don't- I don't need this. I'm going home." He said firmly, he already had made a decision.

"S-Stan, w-wait, p-p-please!" Bill tried to go grab his hand, but Stan already was walking to the door, leaving the room with heavy feet. "F-F-FINE! GO O-O-ON! JUST W-WALK AWAY!"

Billy was left there, alone, looking at the closed door while Joe Strummer interrupted the silence with his voice:

In vain, lovers claimed that they never had met. Smoking in the dark cinema, see the bad go down again...