X: richie & eddie

"Are you ready, Eddieboo? Harriet's here!" Sonia asked, getting her camera ready to take pictures.

Eddie went down the stairs with a dreadful blue smoking, cursing every step he took.

"You look lovely, my baby, my sweet, precious-" The woman walked fast towards him and pinched his cheeks. "I'm so happy you agreed to take Harriet to prom. Your behaviour this week has worried me so much baby."

"Mom, stop, please. You are being annoying," Eddie complained, trying to get his mother off him.

Once Sonia left Eddie space enough to breathe, she started to take pictures of him nonstop, the flash was about to leave him blind.

"Be back at eleven, yeah?" Sonia asked, getting only an annoyed nod from Eddie.

When she finally stopped taking pictures of him, Eddie left the house to find that well-known red IROC and the fucking annoying blonde in it, banging the horn like there was no fucking tomorrow. "CALM DOWN HARRIET, GIVE ME A FUCKING SECOND," Eddie shout at her. He got into the car, only to be driven in threatening silence by the girl.

"Just because our mothers forced us to go together doesn't mean I have to be nice with you," The girl explained to Eddie.

"Fucking fine for me. You don't even have to talk if you don't want to."

She... She stopped. She fucking drove to a side of the road and stopped the car.

"I'm not an asshole, okay?" Harriet said, not looking directly at Eddie. "My parents are also a pair of prude orthodox Catholics, life is rough for me too, you know?"

Well, Eddie surely didn't expect THAT. Why was she saying all that stuff out of fucking nowhere.

"I know you don't like me back. I know you never did. And I know you like that Tozier guy, don't try to deny it, I'm not that fucking stupid..." She said as she lit up a cigarette and opened the car window. "I won't tell no one, not as I would fucking care if you like dick."

"Wow... Thanks?" He answered, really confused. "I-I don't get what you mean by all of this."

"What I mean is... You know how hard it is for me? You think I'm just a psycho bitch that wants to ruin your life, but no... I genuinely cared for you, Eddie. And you were plain mean to me. You literally ditched me for the losers without hesitation... I don't like Henry either, but he's the only one that kept us safe from the rest of school," A few tears started to come down from her hazel eyes. "I don't expect you to like me, but treat me like a fucking human being tonight, okay? This may be the last time we'll see each other and, like it or not, we've been together for three years... Even if it was unrequited."

Eddie looked at her, his eyes were open wide, he had no idea he made her feel like that at all. "I... I'm sorry Harriet, I just... God... I have no excuse, really..."

"No, you don't..." She said with a sarcastic smile. "You can make it up to me by dancing one song together, then you can go back with your loser friends... Whatcha say?" She asked, now smiling more softly, turning on the engine of the car again.

"Of course..." He answered, smiling and nodding at her.

"Rich! Come on, we wanna see you!" Maggie said, also getting the camera ready.

Richie had a very decent black smoking. "I should wear my t-shirt..." He commented, looking at himself in the mirror before going downstairs.

"This is a special occasion, son. You can't wear your daily attire." His father said, standing next to his mother.

"And don't get me started on your Hawaiian shirts... I wanna burn them."

"They are fucking lit, mom..." Richie rolled his eyes and received the wave of camera flashes.