Wind and Fire have a Little Chat

Kimiko Tohomiko: I think you're all mistaken about me. I don't like, like Raimundo. He's just a friend, just like all the rest of you are to me.

Raimundo was shocked and heartbroken by Kimiko's words of denial. He hoped it was her sense of denial talking, anyway. There was no way she could possibly think of a guy like him as just a friend, not after he risked his own life to rescue Zippy Lou for her in Chase Young's lair while she was trapped under that glass. Did that mean nothing at all to her?

Raimundo Pedrosa: You can't be serious. I risked my own neck to rescue your personal riding dragon, and this... this is the thanks I get? I can't believe you. In fact, I don't believe you, either. I'm not buying what you're selling about me being just a friend to you. And you know something else I believe with every fiber of my being? I also happen to believe that you can't keep pretending that you don't like me, like me forever. You can only last so long thinking like that, Kimiko Toho.

Kimiko just wanted to go out of the temple to greet the rest of the new students and/or dragons-in-training. Raimundo followed her outside, however, and the new xiaolin dragons watched their whole exchange, one new dragon in particular.

Kimiko Tohomiko: Raimundo, why did you follow me outside? And why can't you just give me some space? I only need one shadow, Rai.

Raimundo Pedrosa: So do I, but Moneca was tailing me like a peel on a banana before I ever even joined the xiaolin temple.

Kimiko just laughed at Raimundo's hypocrisy towards Moneca's stalking.

Kimiko Tohomiko: You gotta be kidding me. I thought you always liked girls, and it looks to me like you already had a girlfriend back in Brazil.

Raimundo Pedrosa: Moneca is not my girlfriend. She's like my sister by relationship standards, and I'm sure you would already know that no guy wants to go out with any girl who's like a sister to him. You have no idea what it was like to date someone as clingy as Moneca.

Kimiko finally decided to listen to what Raimundo had to say about his real relationship with Moneca.

Kimiko Tohomiko: OK, you wanna tell me how you really feel about Moneca? Tell me right here and right now.

Raimundo Pedrosa: Moneca and I were childhood friends since we were about six or seven. She was always there when I wanted or needed help. We went on a couple dates when we were thirteen, nothing serious. But, I guess to her, the two or three dates we went on together meant we gonna get married one day. Of course, it didn't last any longer than a month and I guess she didn't take our breakup all that well. Even after we broke up, she continued to follow me wherever I went. I know it's a lot to ask of you to take a chance at me being your boyfriend, but could you please accept my feelings for you, even if only a little bit at a time?

After his request, Raimundo gave Kimiko the saddest, loneliest, most desperate puppy dog eyes ever. Kimiko had to tell the truth about how she felt about her xiaolin comrade. She breathed out a light sigh.

Kimiko Tohomiko: Raimundo, I'm really flattered that you like me like that, but I just can't be your girlfriend.

Raimundo started to walk away, sad and moping, when Kimiko stopped him.

Kimiko Tohomiko: Please, listen to what I have to say in my defense before you do anything rash.

It was now Kimiko's turn to plead to him with puppy dog eyes. Unlike her just now, Raimundo could never resist her pleas, no matter what they were for; and if this plea of hers was to let him know why she could not commit to him, he had to know her reasons for turning him down. Raimundo sighed heavily.

Raimundo Pedrosa: Alright, hit me with your best shot. Go ahead, girl. You already turned me down, so I might as well listen to you if only to find out your reasons.