No Place Like Home

The Philippines, 3 Years after the 2nd Eruption, 1st POV

As they always say, there is no place like home. The air, the heat of the sun, just the same like on my original world, yet it's all too different. No friends, no family, and I'm all alone.

Even though I had married Sakura, it's still to the point we're new to this, heck I don't even imagine myself marrying in my original world if I had survived that car that crashed to me.

As for looking for trouble, nothing new, as always. It seems my presence in the Honkai world had disrupted the emergence of beasts and zombies, although natural disasters are still going on, with climate change and all (I mean I think every world out there that has advanced in technology is suffering from climate change).

I had to disguise myself of course, preparing the necessary papers for all legal transactions. It's a double-edged decision, it's either the police questioning me or someone from shady organizations begin to look info about me. I know for one that I cannot stay hidden for long once shit starts to hit the fan.

'So it's true that the Will had noticed us being an anomaly?'

'Ya got that right, Princey. Dumbass Will though it couldn't notice its prescence in your inner world while me and Juha are chatting about the recent memories that old troll shoved into your head.' Shiro is clearly agitated, Juha being very cautious too, well who doesn't?

I mean, an omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient being began to take notice of something not fitting in the picture.

'It's best to keep your guard up and always check on the others, as far as we know, there are certain restrictions on the entity why it hasn't removed us yet from the equation.' Juha is right, if the Will truly is that powerful, all it takes was a mere thought of us turning into ash for interfering with it's destructive nature.

'Less Honkai Beasts, less zombies, but an increase in the frequency of natural disasters....' I shrugged of any of those thoughts, I put them aside for now and discuss them later with the others.

Right now, I'm in the capital of the Philippines, Manila, specifically in Intramuros.

'Huh, some things never change....' Overall, my country's history hadn't changed at all, albeit some minor changes.

No World Wars since humanity is busy fighting the Honkai in the shadows, the Spanish Colonial Rule was mearly transferred to the US without any resistance. The history books stated that the Spanish cultivated the country, no signs of oppression, Jose Rizal became a world-renown doctor, no other relevant information to the Philippine Rebellion.

As my misconceptions continue, Japan is called the Far East (I deadpanned at that), yet they still call the areas in that country just the same (with the exception of China being called Shenzou)

'This world treated my country better than my original one, well being a Honkai disaster zone on 2015 balanced things out....' With the current political shitstorm in my country and around the world, the politicians back there acted like children, acting out in their own greed, most of them.

I rubbed my temples, 'Best not to think about politics, nothing good ever comes out of politics.'

Shifting my attention to my surroundings, nothing really changed at all, the old church stood there, the Manila Cathedral, old signs of the Spanish Architecture is still present and currently being preserved.