Calm before the Storm

Few Years Later

January 2012

Chiba Academy, Nagazora City, The Far East

Various sounds of wood clashing with each other can be heard. The spectators watch with baited breath on these two warriors.

Enter Raiden Mei, the 'Princess of Thunder'

She was breathing hard, clearly fatigued and was unable to keep up with the monster before her.

He was a young, very young, around 7 years younger than her, the young boy before her carries an air of maturity  yet carries that curiosity and wonder of a child.

Spiky Orange hair, kept short, the bokken on his hands was custom made for his current build.

A smile that is bright as the sun. This was Kazui Kurosaki.

(Kinda unoriginal, I know, I planned it to be a daughter, but maybe the next child if I need to)

"One more round Onee-chan?"  Kazui asked, he didn't even looked winded, just only sweating lightly as if this was a warm-up.

Admitting defeat, she sighs, "Looks like you beat me again, Kazui-kun. Uncle and auntie taught you very well at a young age."

'He's still young yet he's already a stamina freak.' Mei thought, 'Once he get older, I don't think anyone can keep up with him except his parents.'

He just laughed, earning cooes and giggles from the female spectators.

"Tou-san and Kaa-san were sparring and I grew curious, I just kept on pestering them to teach me one time, after that, we just continue on regularly."

'His vocabulary too is advanced for his age.'

A stamina freak, a mind that absorbs knowledge like a sponge, a heart of gold.

Mei already sees his bright future ahead. She does not need to worry about anybody breaking his heart.

But then, he has Aunt Sakura to take care of that problem, she's only taking as substitute for her in the cases she is absent.

The bell rings, signaling that school is over.

"Ah that's the bell! See you tomorrow Onee-chan! See you all tomorrow!" He then scurried off, the crowd parting a way for him and waving goodbye.

The fangirls, however, followed our little prince.

Chiba Academy has an Elementary School that was recently added, started around 2 years ago.

Kazui was homeschooled as far as she knows, and it was really hard to believe he was just 7 years old.

Freshening up and changing her clothes, she followed the young boy. He was a like a little brother she never had, since his mother and father was close friends with her father, Raiden Ryoma.

Arriving at the gate, she was met with a peculiar sight that was always strange to her, and it was an everyday occurrence in the past 2 years.

Standing on the entrance was Kurosaki Ichigo, one of her mentors in the art of the sword along with her father.

It was hard to believe that he was just a normal person, as he carries an aura of a warrior.

While her father taught her discipline, Kurosaki-sensei taught her instinct.

She was thankful for it, and she does not forget everyday to take heart the lessons of the two figures in her life.

Back on track, the gate was swarmed by onlookers, mostly her female classmates, teachers, and some bystanders.