Blast in the Past 3

Yae Shrine

Walking back, I noticed the two ladies talking and preparing for a walk. They noticed me a gave me a nod.

"I took care of the souls, but honestly it's just overwhelming. A lot of them where about to turn into Hollows, screaming this village needs to burn." With that, Sakura flinched, I asked why such souls have great resentment.

Sakura looks conflicted and Kallen sent he a worrying look. After a while, she sighed and just said, "Walk with me."

She gone ahead as Kallen and I stared each other and shared a look of worry and confusion, confusion mostly on Kallen as I know what's eating Sakura up at the moment.

Graveyard in the Hills

We followed her to an open area, then a lot of tombstones appeared.

'Her sister, huh?'

Sakura knelt in front of the wooden plank  embedded on the ground and sent a prayer. Kallen was silent, respecting the Miko's mourning.

After her short prayer she faced us, "What do you know of this village?"

Kallen was not responding so I answered instead, "I hear this village sacrifices young people, specifically girls to the Goddess Inari. In turn, good harvest is ensured for the following days."

Kallen's eyes widened at that, Sakura look as if she was slapped.

"It is not my place to ask what happened, but for the sake of everyone we need to come to an understanding." Deep inside, I was fuming, I know I played the Open World and the story but it is different from experiencing it real and face-to-face. 

For all things worth, I don't care about the villagers, it was their sick tradition that caused Sakura to fall deep into negativity and in turn corrupting her Sacred Sword: Sakura Blossom into the Demonblade: Florid Sakura.

"My sister, Rin, deeply cared for the village even though she was sick. Years ago, the village suffered drought and Honkai Beasts roam in the forest. It was not safe, I wanted to run away with Rin, but she has no longer has the strength to keep up." She gripped her sword tightly,

"The village chief handed me a sacrificial blade, needing the blood of a Miko, Rin was selected as tribute. At the time when we were about to run, she collapsed. No matter how hard I want to refuse, I couldn't." She was crying this time, I comforted her.

"My sister just gave me a smile, she accepted her fate. As I drove the blade to her heart, it then rained heavily as if the Goddess Inari was crying." Kallen also joined in to comfort her.

As for me, as I continue to comfort her, I spoke.

"It cannot be easy to let go of your hatred for this village isn't it?" She just sat their staring blankly.

"After all they forced you to take the life of the one you hold dear." Still nothing, Kallen just waited, listening to what I say.

"But, if we let this hold us back, would revenge be the solution? Would your sister want you to go down a path that is bloody and brutal?" Kallen narrowed her eyes, mouthing 'You're offending her!'

Sakura bursted out "IT DOESN'T MATTER! RIN'S DEAD AND WILL NEVER COME BACK! IF THIS IS MY FATE THEN THE WHOLE WORLD WOULD BURN FOR ALL I CARE!" Her eyes flashing dangerously, it seems the Honkai energy resonated with her, starting the corruption

But I stood indifferently, then I noticed pink hair behind the grave, my softened at the soul and I just smiled.

The two noticed my expression, not knowing who was behind them. In their minds I was taunting them, before anything else I spoke, "Even though she is behind you?"