Chapter Twelve

"Tell me I'm not actually acting like this."

Touya groaned as he watched Dabi on the screen give some sort of edgy and villainous monologue, muttering stuff about his villain counterpart being so edgy. He, Keigo, Y/N and Lara were all watching My Hero Academia, partly because Touya and Keigo were both curious as to what their show counterparts were like, and partly because Y/N was tired of Lara constantly bothering her to watch it.

They had returned to LA the day before, and Jazzy had brought back a ton of books, which they were currently holed up in their room reading. Keigo stretched out, putting an arm on the back of the couch behind Y/N.

"I'm still just waiting for myself to show up," he said. He yawned a bit.

"Okay, guys, we have a Mario Kart stream starting in a bit," Blank announced, Odette following them shyly. Odette seemed a bit scared of Touya's edgy and rough attire and personality, so she had been practically hiding behind Blank the entire time the group had been home.

"Alright," Y/N said, getting up and stretching. Touya stretched as well, his fingers laced together as he stretched his as behind his head, his shirt riding up a bit. Keigo couldn't help but notice Y/N look briefly before looking away quickly. "Everyone not streaming get out." She began shooing everyone out.

"Can I play?" Touya asked. "We don't have Mario Kart where I'm from. I'm curious."

Odette, Blank and Y/N all looked at each other, Blank waiting for Odette to shyly nod before agreeing to letting him join in. Y/N officially and happily invited him to join in before practically shoving everyone else out.

Keigo pouted as he made his way down the hall towards his room. He was almost there when he heard soft music coming from Jazzy's room. He put his ear up against the door, hearing them softly humming to themself and strumming a guitar.

He heard the music stop and backed away, beginning to head to his room again only for the door to open.

"What are you doing, creep?" Jazzy joked, hands on their hips sassily.

"Oh, I uh, I heard you playing," Keigo said. "I was curious, is all."

Jazzy looked at him in contemplation for a moment before looking back in their room. They went back in their room, motioning for Keigo to follow them.

Their room had plenty of LED lights, light strips under the bed, in the corners, and a purple LED sign with the name 'Jazzalicious' spelled in cursive for the lights. Records covered the walls, along with posters of CD covers and a couple video game posters. There was a skateboard hung on the wall above Jazzy's desk, and a sword leaning against said desk in a scabbard.

Keigo looked around, noticing various stringed instruments laying around. An acoustic guitar sat on the bed, an electric one leaning against the desk next to the sword. A violin sat in a case against the wall, and there was, for some reason, a harp on top of a sort of stage.

What must have been at least fifty papers were scattered across the floor, white sheets tinged purple in the light. Books were scattered across the bed, as well, all of them having something to do with time or alternate dimensions.

"You... really like music, huh?" Keigo asked, picking up one of the drawings. It was a picture of a beautiful woman, one Keigo felt vaguely that he recognized. She wore a sundress with big sunflowers with a sun hat. Despite not being colored, he knew exactly what color everything was, down to even the color of her eyes in the sun. She was gorgeous.

"Beatiful, isn't she?" Jazzy said, looking over his shoulder and spooking him a bit.

"Yeah," Hawks said. "Who is she?"

Jazzy looked at the picture for a couple minutes, taking it from Keigo and running their thumb across the woman's dress. "Someone long gone," they said. "That's not important right now, though." They tenderly put the paper down on the desk.

"What... is, then?" Keigo asked.

"This," Jazzy said, heading over to their bed and grabbing a ukulele. A picture fell out of their pocket as they did so, Keigo grabbing it quick. The picture was of the same woman, and Keigo picked it up.

The picture was obviously old, being black and white. In it the woman was smiling, wearing the same outfit as she held on to her hat, her dress billowing in the wind.

Keigo discreetly put the picture in his pocket.

Jazzy began strumming the ukulele, humming along. Keigo sat down on their bed next to them, watching carefully as they played the instrument.

Jazzy stopped abruptly. "You try," they said, handing him the ukulele. Keigo hesitantly took it, beginning to-- horribly-- strum a tune on it. "You're getting it," they said. They began guiding his hands, and his music began getting better to the point where he didn't need their help anymore.

It was hours of music and talking later when Jazzy sat up straight, focusing on the door for a moment. They looked at Keogo before looking at the door again, sighing.

"I think it's time for you to go," they said, standing up. Keigo stood up as well, the half a foot he had in height over them suddenly very apparent. Never had he noticed something like this before, nor had he noticed anything particularly special about them before, but now almost everything about them seemed special to him.

It had been a slow buildup to that point, but as Keigo's eyes unconsciously focused on their black painted lips, which were saying something unintelligible to him, he knew that something between them had changed during the short time they had spent together.

Jazzy seemed to notice him staring, and his eyes flickered up from their lips to their eyes before flickering back down again. Jazzy nodded slightly, almost invisibly, and Keigo leaned in.

He kissed them.