Chapter Nine

"Okay, I might have an explanation."

Jazzy came wandering into the livingroom, interrupting only Y/N and what she was doing. The others were all in their rooms, including Hawks.

"About my rice Krispy treats? You better," she said. She pursed her lips and went back to scrolling on her phone. "Better have an apology, too, bitch."

"What? Oh. No, I regret nothing about that- calm down!" Y/N went to jump at Jazzy, causing them to scream their defense, albeit a weak one. "It's about the whole Hawks situation. I talked to some family members and it turns out this house is sort of a Hotspot for supernatural, paranormal, and generally otherworldly activity. How we haven't ran into anything other than Albert the Laundry Ghost is a miracle honestly."

"And? What does this have to do with Keigo?"

"Okay, so when I spent time with my aunt- the 'creepy fortune teller' one,- she would always tell me aboit how places like this, where there's supposedly a lot of supernatural activity and such, the, like, barrier between worlds are really thin and easier to pass between," Jazzy explained. "If we take Keigo to my aunt's house-- which she's not currently in since she's backpacking Europe-- we may be able to get Keigo home."

Y/N watched as a fly crawled across the floor, for some reason a bit sad at the idea of Keigo going home.

"I heard my name," Keigo said, leaning out of a hallway. "What are we talking about?"

"We may have found a way to take you home," Jazzy said, walking over to the man, whose expression immediately dropped. He let out a dejected little 'Oh,' and Y/N couldn't help but feel at least a little sorry for him. It seemed he didn't want to go back. "Both of you, pack your shit. We're going to Savannah."

-☆-☆-☆-

Jazzy had to stay back at the last minute, not giving a reason as to why but looking incredibly guilty. They had reassured the pair that their aunt would be fine with them staying, and that they would join the two after a couple days. As Y/N and Keigo left the plane by themselves, Y/N stared at her phone, putting in the address on her map.

It would be three and a half hours until they got to Savannah, and Keigo slumped over when she told him. They called an Uber and were on their way.

It took a while, but they eventually reached the house. Like the streamer house, it was huge. Not quite as big, but Y/N counted seven rooms and even more bathrooms, for some reason.

They did a bit of exploring first, meeting with the maid who was taking care of the house while Jazzy's aunt was out. She was a kind lady, and promised to not get involved in any business they had while there, while also telling them to yell for her if they needed anything.

"Alright, what is there to do while we wait for something to take me back?" Keigo asked, dusting off his hands as if he had done any hard work other than just moving suitcases.

They hadn't unpacked, not expecting to stay long. Y/N had, however, brought some of her streaming equipment so she could stream on her switch, but that was really it when it came to streaming stuff. She didn't feel like moving her computer all the way across the country.

"Well, we could go to the beach," Y/N suggested, looking at her phone. "Just chill a bit, y'know? I've always wanted to try southern cooking, though, so maybe we should go find someplace to eat if you're hungry?"

"You could just ask if you wanted to go on a date, you know," Keigo joked. Y/N rolled her eyes, somewhat fondly. "But food and then the beach sounds great."

They got an Uber, asking the driver to take them to the best southern food they knew, and the driver did just that, ranting and raving about the place as they drove. After having some soul food, which was as good as the driver had said, they then went to a store, buying swimsuits and towels for themselves seeing as they had forgotten to pack ones, and Keigo didn't have one anyways.

They played at the beach, Y/N eventually getting tired and laying on her towel. She watched Keigo run up to her, warning him against whatever he was doing, but he picked her up over his shoulder and ran to the water, dumping her in once they were deep enough that she wouldn't get hurt.

"You ass!" she yelled once she resurfaced. Keigo was laughing his ass off at the look on her face, and she got an idea. She wrapped her arms around his neck, jumping up and putting all of her weight at her feet as she cannonballs back into the water, bringing him down with her.

They both surfaced, both of them laughing. Y/N waded back to shore, shaking herself off before laying back down on her towel.

"You lost my sunglasses, asshole," Y/N muttered to Keigo.

He looked over at a shop. "I'll go buy you a new pair."

"Yeah, with our money," Y/N teased. He just grinned and ran over to the shop.

"You and your boyfriend are so cute together," a girl said, coming up to Y/N with a couple of her friends shyly following.

"I wish my boyfriend was like that," the blonde with pigtails sighed dreamily. "He's a jerk, instead."

"I don't know why you stay with him, Bri," a brunette told the blonde. "We've been telling you to break up with him for some time now."

"He's so hot and popular, though, Vanessa."

Y/N rolled her eyes, only somewhat listening to the women. She watched as Keigo came back, handing her the sunglasses he had bought.

"Hey, ladies," he said, straightening back up. "What's going on?"

"They were just fawning over you," Y/N replied. The girls laughed.

"You two are so cute together!" Neigher of them denied it.

This is my first update (on this book) of 2021. I kind of lost motivation for a bit, and had a hard recovery from surgery, but I'm back! Hopefully for good so I can finish this book.