Chapter Four

Hawks was, as promised, taken to a huge mall. Y/N had been volunteered (read: forced) to take him, but she didn't seem to mind much. The two had stopped by a small Cafe the moment they got in the mall, though, and Hawks was thankful for the English classes that the Commission had forced him to take.

After Y/N had ordered an iced green tea mixed with lemonade, and Hawks had ordered a large black coffee, along with Y/N having picked up a large container of the tea she had ordered, they went off to their first stop which was to get him a phone.

Apparently his phone didn't work in this dimension, so he needed to get a new one so that he would be able to contact his new friends and roommates.

Unfortunately, he didn't recognize any of the phones that were in the store.

"Well, you're going to be judged no matter which one you pick," Y/N had said, shrugging, which was unhelpful.

"Which one do you have?" he finally asked, rolling his eyes.

"An android, though personally I have no preference. It was just the first one I saw, so I just got it," she told him. He rolled his eyes and asked to just get the same as her.

With that being sorted out, Y/N had told him he could just go wander about and look around. He happily obliged, not realizing how bad of an idea it was.

He had been so caught up in the excitement of being able to just go out and do whatever he wanted that he didn't realize until it was too late that the mall was huge, and he didn't have his feathers to find his way back. He wandered over to one of the giant maps, only to realize that he was fucking terrible with maps.

He spun around, trying to find somewhere that Y/N might look for him, and his eyes landed on a Chick-fil-A, which he thought would be fitting. He didn't have any money, but he could still wait outside.

He leaned back against the railing, looking around a bit and just generally doing some people watching, when his eyes caught sight of a poster talking about piercings. Immediately he began debating it.

The hero commission would never get a piercing other than just his lobes before, but he had always liked the look of them. Going to a shop would probably be a fun experience.

He walked over to it, set on asking Y/N to let him get one, and entered the shop, his eyes immediately looking over to where the jewelry was.

"Welcome to Claire's, how may I help you?" the girl behind the counter asked, leaning on the glass case beside her.

"I've been looking to get a piercing for a while now," he said. "I saw the ad on the front of the store."

The girl looked up from her phone and her eyes lit up upon seeing him, for what reason he wasn't sure. Until he noticed the pin on her shirt. Of Hawks. Of him.

"Oh, yeah, we do piercings here," she said. "If you wanna look through the jewelry and tell me where you'd like to get pierced, I can get you set up right away. I love your cosplay, by the way. You look almost exactly what I'd picture Hawks to look like in real life."

"Oh, thanks," he said, following her over to where the jewelry was, his feathers ruffled for the first time in a metaphorical way. He almost looked like real life Hawks? "I've been thinking about getting a helix piercing. I've always liked the look of those chains that go from the helix to the lobe."

"Oh, you'll look great with one of those! Personally, I think a nose hoop would look amazing on you, too," the girl told him. He picked out his piercing and directed him to the back, beginning to lead him away, only for a hand to catch on Hawks' arm.

Hawks looked behind himself, seeing Y/N with a hand curled around his bicep. "Dude, Claire's is, like, notorious for their horrible piercings," she told him. The employee spun around, her eyes narrowing when they landed on Y/N.

"Oh, and who are you?" the girl sneered. "His girlfriend? You really shouldn't be letting your girlfriend boss you around like this, y'know."

"Well, I'm worry for having my friend's best intentions at heart," Y/N said, rolling her eyes. "I'm not gonna just let him get a piercing at Claire's. C'mon, if you want a piercing we'll go to Jazzy's usual place. They'll be able to help you out with information and hygiene and stuff, too."

Y/N practically dragged Hawks from the shop, rolling her eyes yet again as she continued to feel the employee's eyes trained on her.