Part 2: Divided

What would old Eraqas say now if he knew of the tumultuous swirl of emotions plaging his 'son'? Would he say it was an unnecessary distraction from his responsibilities? Would he say that it was inappropriate for him to be feeling this way towards his fellow apprentice whom he had practically grown up alongside and he should start acting like an adult instead of a addle-brained, lovesick teenager? Or might he, maybe, just maybe, approve? On the other hand, what would Aqua do if she knew? Would she just reject him?  Would it end up ruining their roles as peacekeepers, and their friendship. He felt so lost.

No one's stopping you! Just tell her!

I just can't risk it, not now things are stable.

There will never be a right time.

Then maybe it's just not meant to be.

Not with that attitude.

I've hurt her too much.

Because you're an idiot, but she still came back for you.

What if I fail her again?

Then make it up to her; be there for her like she's always there for you.

Only as students of the same discipline.

Eraqas can't tell you no now.

We practically grew up together.

So no man knows her better than you.

She's like a sister to me.

But you're not actually related. You're not even from the same world.

What if she rejects me? What if I can't make her happy?

What if she doesn't? What if you can?

What if I ruin our friendship?

What if you ruin it by always wondering and never doing, like you usually do?

Why am I even arguing with you? You're just a voice in my head, probably all thats left of the old man's will.

Doesn't mean I'm wrong.

I can't keep going over this. I can't keep putting my own feelings before her needs.

Fine, if you can stop pretending to love her.

"OF COURSE I L-"

Terra stopped himself just before screaming at this small restrictive world what he could never bring himself to say. Ashamed, he could feel the anger and hopelessness deep inside him dangerously close to manifesting as tears in the corners of his eyes. Refusing to let them fall, he looked once more at his master's memorial. "What the hell am I supposed to do?" he wondered aloud, not sure what kind or why he was expecting an answer. He began to wonder if he should let it go for now and head back to the castle when he heard footsteps behind him. Without rising from his kneeling position, he readied his right hand for summoning Earthshaker.

"Terra"

A/N: Sorry this chapter seems like a downer for Terra but it does get better, really. Comments are welcome but please keep it respectful. Part 3 is on its way!