▪︎ Chapter 3 - Forgetful One ▪︎

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

Warning/s: e

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

I was awoken by the swift movement grabbing me. The world was spinning, which took me a moment to understand, before realizing I was hanging by a rope.

The world was fixed when I swiftly pulled the knife out of my pocket and cut down the rope holding me against my will. I hit the ground, before sitting and looking around.

Off to the side were my horses, all carefully set to the side, untouched. The only thing that was bothered was me. This was definitely intentional, no way the horses tied me up, that's not possible.

I wandered back to the horses, giving them some pets, and checking their saddlebags. Everything was accounted for. So why did someone tie me up, and then leave all the valuables alone?

Before I could answer that, the universe answered for me, and I heard light footsteps behind me. They must have thought they were being sneaky, tough luck. I waited until they were just behind me, pretending to mess with the saddle on the horse.

One second, the crunch of the dirt below their foot was heard, and the next, I swung around and hit them in the head, my hand a fist. I made contact, and quickly shifted my weight to my other foot, and jumped up onto the horse. The last thing I saw before commanding the horses to ride one was their unsuspecting face. They looked familiar, but I couldn't place my finger on it.

I considered detaching the trailer from the horses, so they could go faster, but I wasn't sure if that cookie would try to take the supplies for the shop. That was a risk I wasn't willing to take.

From the sky, I felt something hit me, looking up to meet multiple crows pecking at me. I try to shoo them away as I lead the horses to go even faster. They must have picked up on the importance of them going faster, and acted accordingly. They rained down from above as I pulled out my knife, not wanting to hurt them but being ready to if they didn't stop.

The back horses were starting to slow down, as the front horses, including the one I was on, were trying to speed up. This caused them to start to pull, jerking me back and almost throwing me over.

The crow came down and got me directly in the eye, causing me to swiftly hit it back and cover my eye. The sting of my tears forming in that eye caused my vision to be blurry.

And before I knew it, I felt the horses make a sharp turn, too sharp of a turn, and I let go of the reins.

The sky, a vibrant pinkish-blue from the sunrise, was the last I saw through my blurry eye, before getting trampled over by the last few sugar horses.

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

???'s POV

I watched as the cookie fell to the ground, and was run over by the many sugar horses. They came to a stop once their director was no longer on top of any of them, and they noticed the disturbance.

Did that kill them?

Being very cautious, I approached them slowly, being ready to instruct the crows for another attack if need be. They all rested in the trees nearby, watching the scene before them.

The cookie, a now dirty and jam-covered mess, groaned, their injured eye was visibly redder than their other eye. They blinked a few times, before making eye contact with me. I could see a fear run through their body, as they shrunk back, swiftly getting up crawling away from me.

Their previous cool and collected personality was gone, and they coward back with a prey look in their eyes. I mean, even when injured, this wasn't really a difficult situation to get out of.

"Who are you." My voice grumbled as I got closer. They were visibly shaking, and with a dramatic gulp, they said, "Y/n, Y/n Cookie. Please leave me alone."

They sounded weak, and while I hadn't heard them before, their face looked familiar. I just wasn't sure from where.

A few moments later, they were pouring out their pockets, trying to convince me to spare them. Jewelry, coins, crystals, bottle caps, pieces of paper, and... Raisin Buns?

They held out two buns, their eyes shut tightly as they were turned away, waiting for something to happen.

"You... work at that gross fast food place. Fried something something. Right?" I realized. The uniform would have made it more obvious, but something about them having raisin buns made me remember.

What I wasn't expecting was for them to shake their head no. Maybe I was mistaken?

"No, Just take these and leave me alone, I need to go home, my mom is waiting for me." They cried out, tears were running down their face. Something felt off. Maybe this was a trap, so they could get me close and they would attack.

"Give me your knife, then I'll let you go," I said, outstretching my hand waiting for them to give it up.

They shook their head no again, "I don't have a knife, they are too dangerous to carry around." Do they think I'm stupid? I wasn't born yesterday. I scoffed and looked up at a crow in the tree.

My crow got the message, and flew down, scooping the knife out of their pocket in one swoop. Easy.

"Ha. I'm not that easy to trick, now get lost." I pointed in the opposite direction of the village. They weren't going to get any further, not if I had anything to say about it.

They nodded, before scooping up their belongings and taking off in that direction. Leaving their horses and supplies...

"Hey! You forgot your... what in the world?" I stared in disbelief as they just keep running, taking random turns until they were out of sight. Was this part of their plan? Maybe I wasn't thinking ahead.

The horses neighed in distress, unsure of why their cookie had just run off. This couldn't have been a common occurrence then.

"How odd... well, I guess I'll take this back to the village for now. We could use some sugar horses." I say as I grab the rein, causing them to start a panic. They were kicking up and causing a fuss, not wanting me to take them. Smarter than I thought.

Well, they might be back then, and I gotta make sure they leave when they return.

"Crows... it looks like we are having a little camp out night."