Stand by you

Cale wondered if the events last night were a dream, he wondered if it was real or just an illusion his mind decided to make up.

He confirmed his suspicion when the children were comforting him more than usual, when Ron didn't serve him the usual lemon tea (though he is grateful for that) he can see in the children's gaze as if wanting to ask something yet is too afraid to.

Seeing the garden's sight sickened him, he didn't like to dwell on sad memories, so like usual, he ran away from it, he grabbed a teleportation scroll and ripped it teleporting himself to the crown prince's, now emperor, chamber's.

He landed in the middle of the room alarming the guards and the nobles in the rooms, Alberu just sighed, already used to this, he motioned Cale to sit on the couch and grabbed a bowl of cookies for Cale.

The meeting went on as if Cale just hadn't barged into the room and acted like he owned the place, the nobles were a bit agitated to see the commander and watched their words, unlike earlier, when they were talking down on Alberu, they couldn't speak a single insult to him, fearing the commander might blast them.

Alberu was just glad that his dongsaeng came at the right time, but worried at the same time, he notices Cale's puffy eyes as if he had cried himself to sleep.

The meeting ended faster since the nobles were too scared to be around Cale, Alberu let out a sigh of relief and sat next to Cale who was still munching on cookies.

"I really have to thank you young master silver shield for chasing away those flies, and grateful for having you visit me when you just woke up from your beauty sleep" Alberu points at Cale's pajamas.

Cale frowned at the nickname but he had to retaliate to seem alright. "To be thanked by the Emperor himself is a blessing from the Gods, I am glad to be of help to the beloved sun of the Roan Kingdom who carries the sky on his shoulders to protect the citizen, I only wished to witness such greatness when I have risen from my slumber."

(A/n: Goodness graciousness my mind just died there, I'm not good with glib tongues, someone pls teach me)

Alberu scoffed and ruffled Cale's messy hair, making the younger smack his hand off his head, the action made the guards in the room shocked at the action that normally would be punished by death, but then again it's the hero, the Emperor's sworn brother, the person who made Roan Kingdom an Empire.

"Anyways what brought you here?" Alberu started

"Escaping from the kids."

"Pfft- what are they forcing you to do so early-" He remembers it's midday. "-this time? Have you eaten yet?"

"First of all no, my kids aren't forcing me to do anything, it's just a bit... suffocating, and yes I have eaten, I had brunch on bed, now what about you, you have very dark bags, how many hours have you slept?

Alberu sighs and looked away before replying. "Things have just been tiring, many nobles that supported the third and second prince are trying to get more power and dirt on me to kick me off the throne, and to be honest I'm afraid, maybe revealing myself as a dark elf might just give them enough reasons to throw me off."

Cale just patted Alberu's back and hugged him, the action shocked everyone, and a dark elf hiding in the corner was beaming in happiness and recorded the entire thing.

"You are the most perfect king- no, Emperor for this country, even if you're a quarter dark elf, those nobles can go die in a ditch for all I care, no one can ever compare to you hyung."

(A/n: heelllpppp, I can't do complimentsssss)

Alberu felt his heart beating out of his chest, he hoped that Cale couldn't hear it, his dongsaeng just keeps giving him more reasons to love him, Alberu feels so lucky to be able to hear those words.