I want it that way

Choi Han and Cale along with a few knights were searching for the three people that escaped yesterday.

Many knights were surprised at the fact that those three escapees outran the strongest swordmaster in the country, as well as the greatest commander.

Choi Han and Cale were walking around Rain city, seeing if those three were hiding in some alleyways.

"Cale-nim, who are the people that we're looking for?" Choi Han asked while looking over at an alleyway, not noticing the sad expression on Cale's face.

"...They were my friends... before the apocalypse started..."

Choi Han froze, finally looking at Cale's face.

"You know after I ran away from the orphanage, they were the first ones to take care of me, the first one, to show me warmth." Cale continued, eyes filled with sorrow as he said that in their mother language.

Choi Han didn't really know what to say next, the topic about his friends might touch a sore spot, but, curiosity killed the cat.

"...What happened to them?"

...

Choi Han regretted asking.

But he was curious about his liege's life.

"...died while protecting me... Like always."

The sentence made Choi Han halt.

'Then, if those three were them, how are they alive?'

"I'm not sure if those three are them, but, I want to hope, just a little hope wouldn't hurt..."

Choi Han and Cale continued to walk on Rain city's pathway, a few people waved over at them or simped over the commander, but there was still an awkward silence between them.

Thinking of a way to cheer up his liege, he remembered a meme from Choi Jung Soo's memories.

(Choi Han)
You are my fire

Choi Han started while he looked over to Cale, wishing and expecting him to sing along. Cale could only sigh and go along with what his knight was starting.

(Cale)
The one desire

Choi Han smiled happily and Cale swore he saw a tail and ears

(Choi Han)
Believe when I say

(Cale & Choi Han)
I want it that way

Both chuckles at the sudden sing-along, but the people watching them thought otherwise. 'They got to hear the hero singing with his knight!!!'

But Cale was oblivious to their stares, focused on looking for someone and singing with Choi Han.

(Cale)
But we are two worlds apart

(Choi Han)
Can't reach to your heart

Choi Han tucked a stray hair behinds Cale's ear, looking-oh-so-lovingly at his liege. Many fainted or squealed at the fanservice.

(Cale & Choi Han)
When you say

That I want it that way

(Cale)
Tell me why

(Choi Han)
Ain't nothin' but a heartache

(Cale)
Tell me why

(Choi Han)
Ain't nothin' but a mistake

(Cale)
Tell me why

(Choi Han)
I never wanna hear you say

(Cale & Choi Han)
I want it that way

Finally lifting up the gloomy atmosphere, it was replaced by soft beautiful giggles made by the cold-hearted commander.

It was a heavenly sight that only the people near him were able to see.

And Choi Han, being the closest, was captivated by the sight, desired to see more of that smile, craved to hear more of that soft laugh.

He was charmed by the redhead, the oblivious lad already attracted the knight long ago, the knight fell more for him now.