Chapter 4

"Is it finally here?" Drew stormed inside his apartment all of a sudden, almost scaring his mother.

"Yes, here at last," Sally replied with a sigh.

"They certainly took their time to deliver it. We have been here for more than a week now," Drew muttered.

"Yes, Mackon is forcing the company to pay compensation for late delivery," Sally said.

As if on the cue, Mackon emerged from his room. "They are paying us compensation but only 40 mecs."

"That's enough," Sally stated. "Let's just unpack all this stuff and be done with it."

Most of their stuff comprised more clothes, spare wrist phones, and decoration items. Drew spotted his bag among the things and hurriedly grabbed it. Mackon noticed it.

"Happy to get your robot back?" Mackon asked.

"Yes," Drew muttered.

"Well, it's the last memory of his father," Sally said. She managed to keep a straight face, but it was obvious that hundreds of emotions were hiding behind it.

"But robots are banned. You need a proper license to have one. This robot is illegal," Mackon replied.

"It's little more than a toy, really. It's not like anyone will bother much with it," Sally chuckled.

"But still, keep it hidden. It may manage to get us a decent fine," Mackon stated.

Drew spoke nothing but simply headed to his room and closed the door. He unzipped his backpack and many tools and unfinished devices poured out of it.

Finally, a heavy metal box bounced out of it. There was a single button on it. Drew pressed it and the box started assembling itself. Two tiny legs emerged from it and then a head popped out.

"Hello master," the robot said.

"Hello chip," Drew replied with a smile.

Chip had a red body and a short height of less than a meter. He had funny eyes that covered almost his entire face and a screen on his belly.

While the robot would have looked innocent to everyone, Drew knew the secret it carried.

"Show me any footage of dad," Drew requested.

Chip obeyed his orders. The screen on its belly turned on and displayed Drew's father in work. His father was a tall but slim man, almost seven feet tall. He had a light golden beard on his face and short hair. In the video, he was wearing a dirty vest as he polished a metal tube.

"Chip, get me some water," his father commanded on the footage.

Funnily, Chip confused it to be an order in real-time and actually started walking to the kitchen.

"Whoa! Stop!" Drew laughed. "It was a command from your video itself."

"Sorry, master," Chip apologized.

"That's alright," Drew replied, diving into his bed.

"Will you like to try anything by your father?" Chip asked.

"Later," Drew replied.

Comfortable on his bed, he opened his phone and decided to check the videos on his social media.

"In another video of the Young Lion —" Drew immediately scrolled down.

"Hey guys, I just want to say that I'm the real the Young Lion and —" Drew scrolled down once again.

"Guys! I just met the Young Lion —"

"If the Young Lion is watching this, I just want to tell you that you're so cool and handsome and I love—" Drew closed the app this time