Chapter-8: The Cruel World

Beam POV:

After I went back home, I messaged Pha and Kit to meet at a nearby Ramen shop for dinner. I need to tell them about me joining back.

I am so happy, I don't know if I deserve this happiness, but I want to enjoy it until it lasts.

After a few hours, I went to the shop to meet my friends.

"Hey, Beam!" Kit waved at me as I reached the restaurant.

"Hey Kit. Where is Pha?" I asked him.

"He is always late nowadays, always with N'Yo" Kit wined.

"Well don't you have N'Ming to keep you company?" I teased him. I know Kit likes him, but he is still in denial.

"Oh please don't take his name, he is so annoying" Kit whined again, but I can see his face getting red.

"You are torturing that poor guy Kit," I told him.

Just as I said it, Pha came running to us. "Hey guys, I am sorry for being late! "

"Ya ya, let's go in, I am hungry!" Kit whined as we entered the restaurant. I laughed as I followed both of them.

"How is college going on?" I ask them as we take a seat in the restaurant.

"Too many assignments. I am so tired. " Kit said.

"Oh I got your notes Beam," Pha said as he took the files out of his bag. I take it to keep it in my bag.

"Thanks, Pha," I said.

We ordered our food and as we waited we talked about everything. I want to tell them the surprise, I am nervous and excited, but I can't wait any longer.

"Guys, I want to tell you something," I said.

"What is it Beam?" Pha asked.

"I am coming back to college," I said as I smiled. I couldn't help my excitement!

"WHAT!! REALLY!" Kit screamed.

"AH Kit, don't scream!!" I said.

"Wow, that's good. But how?" Pha asked.

"Well, P'Forth is helping me,'' I said.

"Are you sure he is okay?" Pha asked in concern.

"Ya, he asked me to drop the work and join back college next semester with you guys," I said.

"With us?" Kit said.

"Ya you can do that, you can directly talk to Dean about this, and you give the exam, and then you have to do extra assignments, for internal," Pha said.

"Oh, I didn't know that." Kit said.

"Ya, I need your help, with the notes and past classes," I told them.

"Yes, sure!! When are you going to get out of work? We can have a study session, we can also revise everything while teaching you, it will help us too." Pha said as Kit nodded.

"Thank you, guys. You helped me a lot." I told them. I am so happy that I have very supportive friends, who never left me, and helped me in my lowest.

"You don't have to say thank you Beam, we are your friends, and we are always here to support you." Kit said. I smiled at him as I am still thankful.

"Let's eat now, I am sick of my own words, ugh, don't make me say any cheesy words now" Kit whined as I and Pha laughed. Always a tsundere.

Our food came and we started eating and talked about college and spent the rest of our time eating and making memories.