❝ told ya ❞

» Ho Hey by The Lumineers

I'm shocked. My loser friend is finally 22 today.
Don't get mad when I call him loser, we were best friends since we were karting. Eveywhere he go, I'll be there.

We race together, we go karting together, travel together until we both get to Formula 1. Yes, I am the first female Formula 1 driver in history.

Never expect my dream will be come true. That's why you should expect the thing that you unexpected.

Formula 1 is the most popular racing car in the world. And I am part of it, with my best friend Lando Norris. He enter first before I did since he is better than me.

I was scared to get into Formula 1, but then he convinced me. Now here I am with him. But we're in a different team. Since I am a rookie, I have to enter the beginning team and that is Williams.

My teammate, George Russell. He's also my inspiration. Nothing is awkward for me being the only girl on the track. All of them are friendly and they show a lot of their respect.

So, as I was saying. He's 22 today.  Lucky for him that his birthday is on race week. He could celebrate it with McLaren, I never done that before.

I wanted to give some gifts or a cupcake. But I can't do both. I am a terrible baker, not good with buying gifts and I don't have much time to buy a gift. This race week blocked everything.

Besides, he don't even need me that much, he have his McLaren family. I'm sure it's enough for him.
__

"Y/n, so how was the sprint race goes? P10?" I'm totally exhausted with this kind of question every single time in race report. But I am a driver, and plus I am a female driver. It's not easy to get top 10.

"Yeah, P10 is not bad right?" I ask back making the reporter burst out of laugh. So I did the same. Some of the reporters always cheer me up.

"And your target for tomorrow?" Another question that I always got asked. "We'll see what's next, what will happen. Ya know". I answer it lazily.

"Ok then, good luck for tomorrow, congrats for today". The reporter said his last words and close the interview. "Cheers". I said, putting on my Williams cap.

As soon I step out from the interviewing area, George run to me to give a greet. He is just like my own brother. "Hey little one". He tap my back lightly.

I just reply with that greet with a tired smile, I was too exhausted. "P10 is not bad". He said, almost same like the reporter did. "Yeah, thank you for that". I look away from his face with a huffed. He saw that.

"You okay?" He ask me, tilting his head just too look at my lazy ugly face."Of course. I could gain points tomorrow so?" I put hands in the air and let it fall.

He chuckle directly, so I did. All peoples smile makes me smile. Don't care anyone. "That's the spirit". We both give a quick fist bum and I slowly walk away from him. "Cheers". He said.

George is done, there's one more thing I need to do. It's about Lando. How am I suppose to do with his birthday today? I have nothing to give, not even a small gift.

I hope he won't get mad. At least I didn't forget about his birthday.

• Lando's pov •