Seperated (1)

» Euphor by nova amor

It's race day, yesterday of quali don't go that well and for whole day, it just keep raining none stop. Plus, it starting to turn a heavy rain in 2 hours. That's one of the information I got from one of my teams. This is terrifying. Very.

If you're wondering what track we're racing today, that is Brazil. One of the trickiest track, and it will never be easy for me. So if I get a win, or maybe a pole, it will be very great. But I didn't get a pole so maybe I could get a win.

I'm starting 5th today. Gap to Lando is 10 seconds away. I can catch him, it not gonna be that hard. In front of me is Pierre, I just gotta say that he's a bit slow using DRS so I can overtake him in lap 35. My prediction.

However I got into better team this year, that is Ferrari, it still makes me wanna get back to Mclaren. Mclaren is my second home, second family. They make me get into F1. If not because of them, I know I'll still trapped in F2 for some couple more years.

There's something very different about this team. To leave them just so hurt and hard. But month by month, I find my way to cope, I know how to hold back my tears.

Not gonna mention about Lando. He is my.. boyfriend. When the news are revealed, many things happened between us. Our relationship almost fall apart, but I'm glad that we're strong enough too hold it together.

While I'm on my way to the Ferrari garage, I can feel how hard it is the rain dropped on my shoulder. Means the rain is getting heavier. We know our prediction, but it could be false. The heavy rain is supposed to be at 4 pm, yes it is during the race.

Racing in the rain could be fun, but for drivers, there's 99% percent that it will risk your life. You must use a lot of your eye and ear.

The radio will be crazy, the FIA, the yellow flag, the red flag mostly, and the water that makes you go blind while racing. Rain can bring a bad luck, and a good luck.

I cover my head with Ferrari's team raincoat, it almost got covered with rain drops on it. Many kind of mechanical sounds fill the garage, which I just ignore it and focus. Ugh focus, you have to do that everyday.

My arm lean on the table, and my eye studying the screen that full of my data, analysis, more prediction, lap tyre age, and a lot of more. And I have to memories almost all of them. Pain.

My constructors keep pointing his hand from to the left, and to the bottom, back to the bottom right and it continues. I just look and try my best to take it note in my head.

I bite my straw of my bottle, in some few seconds I take a drink to hydrate myself. Being a female Formula 1 driver it's like being a model. You have to keep your body stay healthy and have a good food schedule.

"So that's it?" I ask my constructor after he explains something I didn't expect me to do. He cocked his head to the left and make his teeth touched. "That's the best plan we have". He said.

I roll my eye and sigh as low as I could, my body turning away from him. Soon walking away from him as my trainer shout out my name. "I'll check you up later". I said.

I put my hand turned into a fist and let his and mine touched together. It's a thing what we all do here.

• Lando's pov •