Chapter XVIII

Chapter 18

Chapter 18. A Mini Festivity

"I think I must have misheard what you said just now, Philip," the Count said, still unable to believe what he had just heard.

"No, you didn't, my lord," Philip calmly replied. While the Count gripped the table tightly, trying to calm himself down.

"She left the estate with just her maid, and there were no guards? If you knew that, why didn't you stop her?" the Count questioned, his frustration evident.

Philip didn't speak to answer the Count's question. Instead, he handed a letter to the Count, causing his eyebrows to raise.

"What does your answer have to do with the letter you're holding?" the Count asked once again, perplexed.

"Might as well read it yourself, my lord," Philip suggested.

"Seriously, Philip. You're my butler here, so why would I-" the Count began, but Philip interrupted.

"It's a letter that the young lady left in my table before leaving," Philip explained.

The Count's demeanor quickly changed, and he eagerly took the letter from his butler's hand, his curiosity piqued. He began reading it attentively.

 He began reading it attentively

To Butler Philip,

Today, I had planned to visit the Capital, Laenteglos. I wanted to buy new clothes to wear for the upcoming Tea Party that I will be attending on Thursday. I apologize for informing you of this through a letter instead of in person. I only brought my maid with me, but rest assured that I am safe with her by my side.

Please pass this message to the Count as well, although I know he won't be concerned about my whereabouts.

PS: I will not be out late and intend to return before sunset. Please do not search for me and continue with your usual duties.

The young lady of the Clorance,
Cassia de Clorance

❛ ━━・❪ 🌹 ❫ ・━━ ❜