Chapter 4

Another boring school day awaits me. Today I decided I would get my mother to drive me to school, since I really did need a morning to sleep and not have Stiles and Scott bickering in my ears all morning. I slide out of bed and go to my walk in wardrobe, grabbing a pair of dark denim jeans, a black shirt with a cute white old fashioned collar and some black vans. I place my hair into a messy side pony tail, some of my hair falling onto my face. I grab my school bag and walk downstairs to see no sign of either of my parents.

“Mum? Dad?” I ask out loud, walking around the bottom level of the house.

I come upon a room with a lock on the outside.

What on earth.

I go to take the lock off but it burns me in the process.

I yelp.

“Clara?” My mother shouts and I turn around, my pony tail whipping through the air.

I walk back to the kitchen and look into my mirror to see my eyes blazing red when I walk pass, I run back only to find my eyes are hazel again.

Am I seeing things?

“Mum, do I have a temperature” I ask her and she feels my forehead, then shakes her head.

“Why honey?” She asks me, handing me a cup of tea.

“Well I swear I walked passed one of the mirrors and my eyes were like fire red, maybe my mind is just playing tricks on me” I say to her and for a spilt second fear goes through her face then disappears and is covered by her loving smile.

“Come on sweetie, we must take you to school” My mother says, grabbing her car keys and we hop in her SUV, driving towards school.

I get there and realise Scott and Stiles won’t be waiting for me, they will be in the boy’s locker/change room. I lean over and kiss my mother’s cheek and exit the car, wave goodbye and walk into school. Walking through the hallways, I walk to the practice field and sit in the bleachers. I notice Scott is breathing heavily. What on earth happened this morning to him? The practice games starts and Jackson has a long stick, which means nothing is going to go down well today.

“Greenburg take a lap” Coach Shouts at one of the other boys on the team, and the student groans, running his lap.

“McCall, what are you waiting for? Let’s go” Coach tells Scott and he starts his practice.

Scott starts running towards Jackson with his stick and then Jackson just completely throws Scott onto his back. I cringe in pain at watching this. Jackson can be super brutal when it comes to lacrosse, doesn’t help he hates Scott.

“Hey McCall, my grandmother can move faster than that, and she’s dead” Coach says, leaning down to be the same height as Scott who is leaning down trying to catch his breath after being winded by Jackson. I notice Stiles just watching, as if he is worried Scott will lose his shit at something. “Do you think you can move faster than my dead corpse of a grandmother?”