Turning Tables

Chapter 46: Turning Tables

As Snow stepped off the stage, she was greeted with a hug from Belle.

"You were wonderful," the brunette said. Snow smiled shyly.

"Thanks...I still am not sure I'm the right choice though," she replied.

"But that's why you are. Your husband is right. You care and that alone means you'll do your best for the people," she assured.

"I just wish they hadn't used this to try and attack my husband," she lamented.

"I'm okay," David assured, as he slid an arm around her waist.

"It's probably best they know anyway. I've never been completely comfortable being called James anyhow," he replied.

"You stepped seamlessly into his shoes. You were and are a better Prince than he ever was," she assured.

"My brother was a victim of his upbringing and never had the chance to grow beyond that," David said.

"So...you're not James," Leroy mentioned.

"No," David confirmed.

"Then what is your name?" Happy asked.

"David," he replied.

"Your curse name?" Leroy asked. The Prince rolled his eyes.

"No...my real name," David replied.

"So...Charming?" Leroy questioned.

"No...that's the name I gave him," Snow chimed in. He smiled at her.

"My favorite name," he said fondly.

"You know what? I'm just gonna call you whatever the hell I want, got it?" the dwarf grumbled.

"Sure Leroy," David replied in exasperation.

"It doesn't matter what his name is," George interjected, as he approached and Persephone's hand twitched, more than ready to blast this man as far away from her family as she could.

"He is and will always be a fraud...a poor replacement for my real son. And if you think I will allow you to defame his good name, then I assure you that you'll regret not killing me back in our land when you had the chance," George threatened.

"My husband is twice the man the real James was. Like you, he wasn't well liked at all and you better stay the hell away from him," Snow growled, as she stood in front of him.

"You know, I knew your father well, Snow White. Or your adopted father, I suppose he was. He would be mortified that his lovely little Princess has degraded her station by marrying this low born peasant," the former King hissed.

"Pity...he's probably rolling in his grave at the thought of his little Princess being fucked by this low class scum," he spat crudely and Snow gasped in horror.

"Back off old man," Emma growled, as she got between him and her parents.

"I see your daughter will be fighting your battles now," he challenged, but David stepped forward.

"There is no battle to fight. We already did that and you lost," he snapped. George smirked deviously at them both.

"I lost then, but it's a new day here in Storybrooke. And I assure you I will not rest until I make you both pay," he hissed. But Persephone stepped in.

"If you come near my family or send any of your paid lap dogs, then it is me that you shall deal with this time," she threatened.

"Oh, so I suppose you're going to threaten to send me to the Underworld?" he challenged. But she smirked.