𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

𝗔𝗹𝗯𝗲𝗶𝘁 the fact it pitied the poor mortal, the ethical creature refused to take the chance of life away from her. Life itself was to be taken care of, to enjoy and benefit from the wonders of the world. The bitter heart of it softened just once, for one girl.

It rested her motionless body atop a soft patch of moss, perfectly so that when she woke, the canopy of leaves would shade her eyes from the beams of the glowing sun. As it positioned her head, the soft breaths and rising of her chest even made itself, an immortal being whom floated above mankind, sigh of sympathy.

After it had finally laid her head, small sprouts and wildflowers began to grow out of the soil around her. The melody of the birds above assisted in keeping her asleep, their sweet lullaby soothing every creature nearby. The clouds in the sky were perfectly fluffed, like the sweet sensation of cotton candy, yet tainted by the blue horizon surrounding them. The warm breeze nudged its hood down, until it rested on its shoulders.

It greedily sucked in breathes from the gentle air of Earth, the ever-lasting forest around it purifying every last oxygen molecule. It wouldn't be it's last time on Earth, surely not. It was a god, it was immortal and could travel lengths no ordinary man could imagine. Besides, it still had to check in on the girl every so often to make sure she was safe.

That was its job, after all. To take care of humans, even to extreme measures. It traced its long and chilled fingers across her face. It began softly humming the tunes of the bluebirds, promising in its head to protect this one mortal.

With a gentle flash of light, it had disappeared.  

Leaving the girl, snoozing on her little patch of sunlight.