January 1st, 2019

It was the first of January 2019 when Lisa was woken up by a string of gentle knocks on her door. Her members and she celebrated the new year quite hard the night before that she had to pay the deed in the form of a pounding head from the screaming alcohol residue in her system.

"Lisa?" It was the gentle voice of Jisoo from the other end that helped her open her eyes completely. Lisa moved her eyes slightly to her left to see the massive digital alarm next to her.

13:54.

Who woke up at such an hour in the new year?

What a way to start the first day of the new year. Lisa moved her hand to the side of the bed where Jennie was supposed to be—judging from where she was the last Lisa saw of her, but the woman was nowhere to find and the bed was cold, which meant she had long left the surface unattended.

Where could she be?

The knock on the door along with Jisoo's voice knocked on her ears as well and at that time she finally paid attention. Groaning, Lisa finally managed to take control over her body and dragged her arse to the door, on which another side, Jisoo was standing nervously waiting for the younger to make her presence.

"Are you okay?" Jisoo asked in concern—which was quite bizarre since it was not like it was their first time hammering themselves together. Lisa always woke up when the sun had reached the peak of the day whenever they drank to the last bit of countless bottles they popped open.

"I am. My brain is about to fall out of my skull but I'm fine, eonni," Lisa wrapped her smile tightly, squinting her eyes—trying to minimise the light absorption into her eyes because it felt like it was just aiding in the escape of her brain.

Jisoo stared at her in an expression she could not quite grasp and being her current self, Lisa could not grasp her mind thoroughly to come up with a proper question so she just stared back at Jisoo, implying the older to proceed with whatever it was that clearly was bothering her mind.

"You might want to see what's on the news, but please keep your head," Jisoo said before she continued, "And if you need me, I'll be in the living room."

Lisa was left questioning Jisoo's words as she auto-pilot herself to the washroom and it was only by the time she finished brushing her teeth, staring at her own two eyes on her reflection in the mirror that she somehow seemed to be knocked with a horror. Lisa stared in a daze slowly figuring out what it was that was so crucial that she would need Jisoo. Then the hurl in her guts somehow told her exactly what. It was the new year and there had been a discussion about something Jennie had said no to but then she disappeared.

That could not be, could it?

"W—Where is Jennie?" Lisa could not imagine her own facial expression, scattering out of the washroom in such a state, and if it was any other situation, Jisoo would have been laughing her arse off seeing Lisa with her comical quirks, but that time, Jisoo just stared at her in a way that could only make Lisa want to hurl even more as if her brain had decided to hand over the baton to her heart and that time, her heart was the one that made a leap and fell to her feet.

"Eonni, phone!"

Jisoo jolted up from her seat when she heard Lisa's urgent voice. She heard the commotion caused by the younger. She was about to peek a bit to see what the maknae was doing and suddenly the very maknae was already standing not far from her with eyes wilding, scanning the screen of her phone. It did not take 10 seconds for Lisa to finally grasp the whole situation and Jisoo kept her ground as she tried to read what Lisa was about to do—it felt much like tiptoeing around shards of glass. Anyone who was caught in that situation must not know what to do either.