BREAKING: RED VELVET'S IRENE IS ENGAGED

[April] Today, SM Entertainment, the agency of RED VELVET's IRENE has confirmed that the leader of their girl group RED VELVET, IRENE, is engaged. It also confirms the rumour that started in October last year when IRENE was spotted leaving the SM Entertainment building with what seemed to be a diamond ring on her finger. Then the rumour sparked in a wider range when last Christmas, Irene posted a picture of her hand with a beautiful diamond ring circling her slender finger and a caption that says "Let's have a good life together."

Many fans have been wondering about the rumour and leaving comments on the idol's social media page; mostly congratulating and expressing their support for the idol. In their press conference, SM Entertainment also further explains that although they still do not know who it is IRENE is marrying, the agency supports their artist completely and that they will not meddle in the matter further. They are happy for their artist and, while being on the occasion, also congratulate her.

Once again, congratulations, IRENE!

Now the million-dollar question is: Who is the lucky guy?

Lisa smiles closing her browser after reading the 'breaking news' that just chimed into her phone as she walks to her pantry where her sweet Irene is busying herself making some late birthday seaweed soup for their youngest Yeri. It has been years yet the tradition is still kept on going; a tradition that Irene made for her members where she made seaweed soup for their birthdays. Now the tradition has been extended to the members of her group as well (one that made Chaeyoung tear up in overwhelming joy the first time ever she received it)—considering they are all parts of one big family now.

"Bae Joohyun! Who was it?"

"Who was who?" Irene distractedly returns the question with another of her own as she stirs her seaweed soup in complete focus. At the moment, there is just her seaweed soup and her.

"The lucky guy who proposed to you?" Lisa expands her question to Irene who just sighs and rolls her eyes at Lisa's antics.

So they have released their statement, Irene thinks to herself. Her agency knows everything about her private life, Lee Sooman himself came and congratulated her—the company even know who she is marrying, yet both agencies agree that disclosing the news to the public after they both got married and keeping everything else in discreet were for the best. So they just released a statement regarding her engagement and not her marriage.

"Haven't you heard?" The question makes Lisa shake her head in confusion as she intently stares at Irene who has been replying to her questions with questions too, still has her sight solely on her seaweed soup.

"It was not a guy," Irene's Bae teasing smirk makes its entrance, then she continues, "It was a gay."

That statement earns the older a total silence. Lisa is at a loss of words because being the smart-arse that she has always been, Irene always has ways and answers to everything thrown at her, so Lisa is actually expecting any kind of response, but never that kind of response.

"Joohyun, you idiot!"

"You started it!"

It was in October last year when Lisa accidentally popped the question to Irene—she did not actually pop the question, to be fair. It was more like Irene asked the question to herself. It happened while they were arguing about a woman Lisa was frequently seeing in the last six months or so. At first, it did not bother Irene but as time went by, Lisa seemingly became more and more invested in spending time with the woman and one thing led to another, Irene's jealousy was no longer containable. So Irene confronted Lisa who was pretty calm at first, but eventually, her emotions got the best of her, so she also got angry.

Originally, the plan for Irene's proposal was already perfectly planned out, it was only a matter of time until it was set in motion. The woman Lisa had been frequently seeing in the last six months or so was actually a jewellery designer she specifically hired because Irene always mentioned that she loved the particular designer's collections. Yet, since both women were terrible at controlling their own rages when it came to the both of them, Lisa accidentally told Irene who the woman was and with Irene being her usual sharp self, immediately figured out the whole story. She put the two and two together and asked the question herself. It literally went, "So you want to marry me?"

And it was only five days ago when they finally tied the knot in Switzerland, Lisa's father's hometown—however, they could not stay long because they had schedules. The wedding was intimate as it was only attended by their close friends and family; Lisa's family, Irene's, and their group members and their parents. Suho attended too, along with his lawyer wife—as honorary guests. The evening was splendid and they could not possibly spend it any other way. Lisa and Irene knew all that had led them to where they were would be carved forever in their memories as they shared their first kiss as wives.

"None of us saw this coming."

That was how Lisa said it in her wedding speech. Yet, look where it got them.

"Thank you," Irene smiles; a smile she always wears every time she sees the wedding band on her finger. The thought of being married to another is still foreign to her but the thrill of the feeling that comes with it is absolutely divine.

"Thank me for what?" Lisa, who is just a fooler when it comes to Irene, cannot help but to automatically smile at the sight of the smiling woman, expecting something sweet to fall out of her wife's lips. Yet, what actually comes out of Irene's mouth wipes her smile off and turns her face brutally red instead.

"For making me realise that I'm gay too."

"Yah! Bae Joohyun!"

Irene laughs watching her wife being embarrassed beyond word, she loves seeing Lisa all flustered. The flustered Lisa seemingly finds the whole scene to be comical that she starts to laugh too, then she moves closer finally grabbing Irene's full attention and claims Irene's lips before they get lost in each other's lips. They do not care anyway; they are happy and there was nothing else mattered. Nothing else—

—Hold that thought.

"Yah! My soup!"

F I N .