Chapter 16: We need you//Keep him Alive

**A/N Short Chapter. Happy update day**

Aubree's P.O.V

"B?" Andie whispers in the darkness I almost don't hear her over all the gun fire and shouting

"It's okay everything is going to be okay my babies." If possible they hold me tighter. I can't let them know i'm panicking, everything in my body is screaming to run out there and help them, but my brain is screaming at me that I am exactly where i'm supposed to be.

"Will you sing to us?" Drake asks "momma sings to us when were scared.." A stray tear slips out my eye while I pull them impossibly closer and start singing..

We sat there me singing into the darkness to three crying tots, trying to keep myself together, willing the universe to bring Zander back to me soon. Please Zander.. We need you.. after what seemed like forever we could hear footsteps, more than one pair coming up the steps. "Get behind me cover yourselves with the laundry in that basket and stay quiet, no matter what you see or hear stay silent do you here me?" The kids are quick to move and whimper yes's.

"WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU" shit.. please god no. no.no .no. "COME ON AUBREE COME OUT COME OUT, SCARED I'LL SHOOT YOU THE WAY YOU SHOT ME?" Fucking Axel.

"Dude she's not up here lets just go before we get caught they'll kill us. We can grab Bree another time when their defences are low, we lost half our guys and there's barely a scratch on any of their's. I told you this was a stupid idea." Derek..?  He whispering just loud enough as if he knows i'm in here listening.

"Fine I want her by the end of the month or it's you that'll be six feet under." Axel snarles. Both sets of feet descend the stairs and a huge whistle is sounded

Suddenly I hear calls of retreat and it gets really quiet really fast.. And what could be mistaken for a herd of elephants come up the stairs "AUBREE"

"Zander!" I scream grabbing the kids shooting up and ripping open the door. "You're okay. Is everyone okay? what happened?"

"Everyone is fine I promise. We saw them come out of the house are you guys okay?" He's checking over his siblings and kissing each of of their heads as they're jumping out of my arms to ma who's almost scream crying seeing that they are safe.

"My babies!" she's screaming but so is everyone else just seeing that triplets are okay and the relief on everyone's faces I knew this where I was meant to be. "Aubree.. you- you- you are the- I can't... Thank you for keeping my babies safe." Shes crying stumbling over her words of gratitude.

"Of course." Is all I can muster before crashing into Z's chest and finally letting out the tears I held in that dark closet. "I love you."

Zanders P.O.V.

"I love you" she cries into me.

"You did so good baby girl. I'm so proud of you, I love you" I whisper back a stray tear slipping down my face. Turning my head towards the door I see almost half if not more of the club around my room and down the hall. Most likely even hanging out on the stairs making sure they can get a glimpse that the triplets and Aubree are okay with their own eyes. I make eye contact with my dad he's hugging my mom and baby siblings while they cry on the floor, he nods and it's all I need to know the plan will be coming together sooner rather than later. The thought makes me hold Aubree just a little tighter.

"Aubs" All the boys come in and group hug our little fighter as she cries.

"What just happened? Is everyone okay?" Aubree muffles out while we are squishing her.

"Everyone is fine, not even a scratch, we have the clean up crew outside dealing with their fallen guys.. maybe we can take the little's downstairs for a movie so they can try and fall back asleep?" Theres round of yes's, my parents not letting go of the triplets we all make our way downstairs, guys patting Aubree on the back and thanking her on our way, they make their way back outside to help clean up the messes. I stop to talk to one of our contractors to let him know my bedroom window will need repairs after making sure the triplets room is taken care of.

Once we're downstairs Aubree stops me outside the theatre room. "I need to tell you something... they were upstairs, Axel and Derek... but Derek said something- or i guess it wasn't so much what he said but how he said it, he made it obvious he didn't want to be a part of the raid, and made sure Axel didn't find us.. I know this sounds stupid but I really think there's more to this.. I know there's not much you can tell me, but if you're planning something please just.. Try and keep him alive, I need to know why he's doing what he's doing." A stray tear escapes her beautiful eyes.

"I'll discuss it at emergency church tonight. Everything will be okay Aubs I promise, we'll get this all figured out." I kiss her head before we head into the movie room with everyone else.

After a couple hours and 2 movies the triplets are back asleep, Aubree passed out after the first movie and we've decided we will put the boys in with my mom tonight and Andie can sleep in Aubree and I's bed so they don't wake up without someone beside them while we're in church, Andie and Aubree have been inseparable so it makes sense to just let her sleep in our bed.

I carry Aubree up to our room and lay her down, Oby puts Andie right next to her and the girls gravitate towards each other instantly, Aubree wrapping her arms protectively around Ann while still asleep, Andie tucks her head into Aubree's chest and sighs deeply. I know they feel safe together, I take one final glances at them closing the door and head into the club house. The house was repaired for the most part but the club is still trashed we'll fix it tomorrow, we step over all the broken glass and head into church.

We talk a lot about strategy and how we are going to go about protecting our loved ones and getting Axel under control, Boss has decided he'll call Red in the morning and see if has any idea what his son has been up to. "Aubree said something about Derek seeming like he wasn't interested in being involved in this raid and she wants to know we can try and keep him alive." We take a vote and it's decided Derek is to be caught and questions not killed.

"Alright, Z, Blade, Jay, Gunner, you have three days to prep yourselves, and build your team for Axel's hopeful death and Derek's capture we will have another meeting the night before to confirm strategies. Church adjourned, get to bed." Dad relieves us from the meeting everyone getting up and heading to bed. This should be an interesting next couple days.

Walking into my bedroom I see Aubree and Andie right where I left them, on Aubree's side curled into each other, I lay down behind Andie and wrap my arms around both my favourite girls and almost as if they've been in a half asleep limbo, their muscles relax and their breathing gets deeper. Under different circumstances I'd be out the second my head hit the pillow but I have a hard time letting my guard down. I play with Aubree's hair and kiss Andies head for about and hour before I can relax and succumb to the much needed sleep I've been craving.