---- PROLOGUE ----

———— • The Amawaka house, a family of exorcists who resides on Tsuchimikado Island and one of the Houses of the Twelve Guardians whose Shikigami is Byakko, the white tiger.

Amawaka Seigen, who is currently the head of the house, has two daughters. The first daughter, he trained and raised in the Tsuchimikado Island and the second daughter who he left on the main Island after he and his wife divorced.

Amawaka Seimi, the first daughter, is the complete copy of her father: dislike lack of manners, speaks and behaves in a monotonous way, and is extremely blunt.

Like Seigen, she is someone with a cold exterior but a warm interior, but she is completely affectionate in the presence of those she cares about the most.

But there is something she has that Seigen lacks and is still developing, and that's parental feelings.

Seimi (along with Seigen) is known to be the master of Ikagura Shimon, Enmado Rokuro, Ijika Yuto, and Haruchiyo Ryuu. Though Seigen only thinks of them as his students, Seimi acts like a mother to them.

This is why she is much more favored than her father.

Seimi values family as it's probably the last thing she'll protect in her last moments.

Inside the Ikagura house, Ikagura Shimon swings his sword, only to be blocked by another. He tries again by jumping to the air and swinging down his wooden katana, yet it was blocked again by the same person.

His opponent is skilled and has not moved a single foot ever since they started training. Seimi maintains her blank face as she is used as a human training tool.

If it wasn't one of her "little ducklings" asking her to be a human training post then she would've threatened them.

Their training only lasted for ten minutes though because the doors of the training house suddenly opened and revealed an exorcist who appears to be out of breath and is panting heavily.

Shimon glared at him as he just disturbed his needed training, Seimi clicked her tongue.

"What are you doing? Did you forget how to knock?", she glared.

The exorcist flinched, "I apologize for the disturbance, Ikagura-sama, Amawaka-sama...", he huffed.

"But there is a problem in the mainland, Ijika Yuto is said to be alive!"

Seimi froze at what he said and gripped the wooden sword in her hand so tight that it cracked. Shimon glanced at her worriedly...

"He's still alive...?", She thought.

The exorcist continued, "And the Heavenly Commander, Byakko, is heavily injured...He lost his right arm."

...

"What?!", Shimon yelled in disbelief. His anger faltered for a second when he heard wood drop to the floor. He turned back to his master.

Seimi has her head down, an unreasonable expression on her face. She has dropped her wooden sword and she stared at the floor with wide eyes...

"No...it can't be", she denied.

"Master Sei...?", Shimon walked closer to her in worry and placed a hand on her shoulder. Seimi seemed to have snapped out of her trance as she glanced at Shimon briefly with a concerned face...

She sighed deeply and nodded, "Shimon, get ready, we're leaving for Tokyo..."

Shimon and the exorcist watched as she walked out of the training house...

Amawaka Seimi clicked her tongue, "My duckling number three has caused trouble yet again..."

• • • • •

Edit: I removed the pictures