Chapter |4|

--- Coming back to you ---

---- • Seimi waved a goodbye to her family as she boarded the yacht owned by the Amawaka house that will take her back to Tsuchimikado island. The island where powerful exorcists live...

Where magano's most dangerous area is also located.

"Bye Mimi-nee! I promise I'll become stronger when we meet!", Mayura yelled enthusiastically, earning a large grin from Seimi...

It took an hour until the yacht reached the island's docks, and as Seimi walked off of the boat she is immediately greeted by Amawaka house members as they bowed.

"Welcome back, Seimi-Sama!", They greeted enthusiastically, bowing their heads as a sign of great respect. Seimi grew up inside the house of the Amawakas, where Seigen made sure thta she would live comfortable with the clan members.

Yuzuru Amawaka—Seigen's younger cousin, and a loyal member of the clan bowed to her. "Thank you for getting back safely, Seimi-sama", she said.

Seimi smiled at her, "Aunty, no need to be so formal with me~", she teased. The woman blushed in embarrassment, but she smiled nonetheless.

Seimi walked on the red carpet path the clan members prepared for her, in her head she sighed. "No need to be so devoted..."

And at the end of the carpet, she waves her hand at the young man who is 9 inches shorter than her. Though he's actually just a year younger, he hopes that someday, somehow, he'll grow much more taller.

He feels a bit inferior since he's the shortest of the prodigy trio, which consists of Amawaka Seimi, Ikagura Shimon, and Unimiya Tenma...which is him.

"I'm back, Tenma~!", She said in a sing-song tone, waving at him effortlessly. Tenma, who was munching in a dango stick, smirked at her appearance.

"Glad to know, now let's go! I don't want the house elders to nagg me on where you are again", he said as he draggs her inside a car. The driver immediately drove to the Exorcist Headquarters, where there would be an emergency meeting regarding the Amawaka house's status.

"So, how's Papa bear?", The shorter man asked, using a nickname. He never did call anyone by their first name, he just lacks the basic manners to do it. Seimi imagines her father scolding Tenma, since Seigen dislikes the lack of manners.

Seimi hums, "He's fine, probably be resting while taking care of smaller impurities. And my parents are probably going to be remarrying soon", she says as she picks a dango from Tenma's box.

"Hmmm...How about us?", He act passively.

Seimi turns to him, confused, "What do you mean?"

Tenma takes a bite and stares at the window, "When are we getting married?"

...

The question caught her off guard that she chocked in her dango, she coughed three times before recovering her composure and hid her face with the back of her hand. "Cough...ask that when you finally got the guts to ask me straight in the eyes, aight?", She answered.

Though it was lso a reminder for herself, as she couldn't also face that kind of question, yet.

They finally arrived at their destination, the Exorcist union's central office, Taigetsurou.