CHAPTER |7|

--- RESPONSIBILITIES ---

--- Seimi enters the Amawaka estate, and the clan members present along with the servants greets her with respectful bows. Seimi smiles, of she comes back home greeted with large smiles after a week in magano, then she thinks it's worth the sacrifice.

What's she's doing is for them after all. She'd even die for them...

Amawakas has a reputation of being gloomy, unapproachable, and intimidating. They're seen as the "emos" of the exorcist union, but to Seimi, no one loves more than an Amawaka.

Buy it's also terrifying how they love...

Her grandfather's face briefly flashed in her mind, and she frowns. Amawaka Shogen loved and greeded for power so much he killed himself with Byakko's claws and attempt to blacken Seigen's name.

For what reason? Because Byakko disapproved of Shogen due to his cruel deeds, and later on chose Seigen instead.

Maybe these are one of the reasons wgy their reputation is so dark. But just like any other Amawaka, she does not give a fuck.

Reaching her bedroom, Seimi got out of her uniform and wemt to the bathroom to take a bath. Looking at the mirror, she reached for her left eye and removed the black contact lense, revealing a red pupil. She then enters the bath and once she's soaked in, she rests her head on the edge and closes her eyes...

"Three hours left till Ritsu duties..." She mumbled. She has done a lot this week; she stayed inside magano for 4 days and now she has to hunt.

Ritsu, another one of the reasons of their dark reputation. And she understands why...

Many would be cautious of a murderer. Arima would always say it's for the best, but he has such a terrible personality that he can't express it right. And her status as the leader of Ritsu always has bitter taste in her tongue...

And she hates the bitter things.

"Hmm, If only Mayura was here, then it would be better..." She mumbles.

Patience, Seimi. Two years left and you'll see each other again. "I miss her and mom...and I guess I miss dad, too," she mumbles to herself.

Two hours has passed and she wore a different uniform, a large jacket with a fur hood. Seimi looks down at tiger mask on her hands, and hesitated to put it on...

...

She cursed herself, why was she hesitating? She has done it multiple times before. What's troubling her now? She used to this "duty" and she has long accepted the responsibility and burden of what she's done and what she's about to do.

Knock Knock...

"Speak..."

"Seimi-sama, three infected exorcist are located near the west shore," they reported. Seimi grits her teeth and put on the mask and pulled her hood up. "Understood, meet me as the estate's back gate," she instructed.

"Orders received..." She did not hear anything after that. Seimk then lookes out her window, the night has devoured the sky and the moon graced us with light...