Chapter |5|

--- Not Out Of Love ---

--- • Tenma has known Seimi ever since they were children, along with Ikagura Shimon, they were known as The Ama, no, gura Prodigies. Or just Amanogura for short.

The name "Amanogura" was a mix of the trio's last names. Ikagura Shimon is known as a prodigy because of his skill, he even became one of the Twelve Guardians at the young age of 14.

Unomiya Tenma has quite the reputation among exorcists, known as the prodigy child who became a Guardian, and the head of his clan at the age of ten. One thing most cannot forget is how he fought Amawaka Seigen when he was seven during a tournament...and it ended up in a tie.

Amawaka Seimi isn't one who's known because of big achievements and a high ranking position (except now since she's the vice head). In truth, Seimi didn't have large amounts of Spiritual Energy.

Opposite to Mayura who has a massive amount.

Seimi earned her title as a prodigy because of her witt and cleverness, and her skill of controlling her below average amount of Yang energy. She was the strongest in her class during elementary, even passing both Ikagura and Unomiya.

The three used to argue a lot during elementary...well...

Tenma and Shimon would argue a lot and then Seimi would stop them by bonking them on the heads, Tenma would fight against her too but Shimon would obey because of his respect for her.

Tenma and Seimi used to be academic rivals, and that rivalry grew with them as they got older. Not just academic, but also in strength.

But...some people saw them as an odd pair, even Shimon.

Because they used to be arguing a lot but then, after Tenma excused himself from school to participate in his clan's ritual of choosing the successor, they suddenly became close.

(Seimi was also suspiciously absent during Tenma's participation)

They never left each other's side and was always there for each other, Shimon found it odd but did not pry, maybe the two became friends when they were both absent.

Oh, his jaw dropped when he found out the two became engaged to one another. He searched for answers, he questioned, and even said that Tenma doesn't deserve her. Maybe because he respects her too much that he can't believe that she'll marty a boy who's too arrogant for his own good.

But one thing that stuck to Shimon's mind was their answer.

"For Humanity"

They said. Seimi said it with such a bright smile that Shimon can't help but just accept it. But inside...he knows there's something more too it.

Their engagement was suspicious, the supposed heir to the Amawaka house is betrothed? Then who will take over the clan? Will they join the Unomiya clan?

Shimon watches as the "couple" walks down the streets of the market, Tenma draggs her around to different Dango shops (probably choosing which shop has the best dangos).

They already have engagement rings, but they never wore it on their fingers, they're known as a couple but they act as friends.

The three of them knows that their engagement wasn't made out of love, it was for the beneficial of humanity. The two were both anti-romantic so they didn't have an issue...