Don't call me your friend, call me Girlfriend instead

Lena was fed up with it. The emphasis of the word friend and friendship every time Kara said anything about her.

“Out of all the friends I have had, you have pushed me the most, challenged me the most.”

Lena bit back her anger as it was quite a tender moment, and hugged her just as strongly as she hugged back.

“You make me a better person.”

They bid Alex and Kelly a farewell and came back home. Their home, as Kara liked to call it. Even though Lena still had her very own house. Lena didn't care because she liked being close to Kara. 

Kara did too and she knew it. Hell, everyone with eyes could see something was going on between them. 

“Lena!”

She flinched at the loud voice and Kara was standing over her, looking at her, concerned.”

“What?”

“I've been trying to get your attention to ask you what you wanted to eat. Is there something on your mind?”

Lena let out a deep sigh, a breath she didn't know she was holding. 

“It's nothing. I just think I should go home for a while.”

“But, this is home.”

Kara asked, clearly confused about what Lena was trying to say.

“You do realize I have a home, darling. It's been a while since I've been there. With Lex and Nyxly out there at large and you hurting, it felt like the right choice. But with all the threats eliminated now, I think I should go home.”

“But…”

“I live just across the town, Kara.”

“But then, you won't be here.”

“Yes, that's what it means.”

Kara was pouting now and Lena gathered more courage to say no to that face than she did to face Lex.

“But, why can't you?”

Lena took a seat on the couch and motioned for Kara to sit next to her.

“I cannot live with you, Kara.”

“But why? We are doing good and I can stop hogging all the blankets. At least I can try.”

“That's not the reason.”

“Then what is it? Is it because you still haven't forgiven me.”

“Of course I forgave you.”

“Then what is it?!”

Kara exclaimed and was surprised by her voice.

“I'm sorry.”

“It's fine. I just… okay. This is happening. I love you and before you say you do too, I love you in a sense that I want to kiss you every time I see you, I want to go to sleep with you and wake up with you and grow old with you. So, yes. I have big gay feelings for you.”

Kara was struck by surprise.

“What?! But you never-”

“Oh come on. Do you just think I fill random people's offices with flowers or buy companies for every one of my friends?”

“I mean, I hope not. It will be catastrophic for your financial condition.”

Kara mumbled under her breath.

“My… what?”

“Nothing.”

Lena decided to just shrug the topic off.

“So, that's why I cannot stay with you. Because every time I do, it is very hard not to ask you to just rail me.”

“Lena!”

Kara whisper-shouted as if someone was listening to them.

“So, what is your opinion on the matter?”

“I guess it seems like a good reason to not stay with me. But what if I tell you I have feelings for you too. Like…”

She lowered her volume and went closer to Lena's ear.

“Want to rail you every single time I look at you, feelings.”

Lena gulped and looked at Kara.

“I think we can work with that.”

___________________________________________

So, there may or may not be a second chapter to this one and it may or may not be explicit.

Let me know if you may or may not want to read it.

Till then, stay single, stay safe.