twenty six

{ Jace }

It's been a month and a half since me & Chloe called quits. I see the kids every other week and Chloe tries to come up to me and talk, but there's nothing to say. Do I want to say something? Yes. Do I know what I want to say? No. Do I miss her? Yes. Very much so yes. I curse myself every night for getting my hopes up for her coming back home and sleeping with me again. I missed us feeling like a family. I hate doing this too because I can't imagine what the kids are feeling. Going back n forth every week. I don't know how to fix this situation. 

Right now, I'm sitting in my office. I just finished a zoom call with my team. The stock market has been going absolutely amazing this month which is great for us so my work life is going good. I checked my calendar and I had completely forgotten the Disney cruise was next week. I was so caught up with Chloe, kids, work I had forgotten about it. I have the kids this weekend so I will have to talk to Chloe about it today. I'm sure the kids would definitely love the experience but I would love Chloe to be there. 

Walking out of my office, I make sure the kids rooms are ready for them. I let them decorate however they wanted, but it's not finished yet. I gave Ella the keys while I was at work one day a few weeks ago and Chloe came over with the kids to paint the rooms. Michael's was this weird dark turquoise color. He says it reminds him of the ocean. I hired someone to paint surf boards on one wall. His new thing is becoming a surf dude and wanting to learn how to surf, it made me laugh when he told me because last time I saw that boy on a beach he was scared of sea shells. On the other hand, Ava's room was definitely a favorite room of mine in the house. Her walls were light pink but Chloe had painted on leaves and branches, like a forest. I knew she drew them because in high school she designed her own prom dress and it was the same pattern. I loved the personal touch and it made me smile. 

Ava definitely was my twin. They both looked like me, in my opinion. They have my dirty blonde hair and blue eyes, but Ava has her moms personality. Nice and gentle and cares about the people around her. Michael on the other hand, had my anger. He's very aggressive and over protective. Reminds me of when Kaiden & I used to beat up guys in middle school when they would look at Chloe. Over protected brother and the kid who was in love with her sister. 

Man I miss those times more than ever. I remember by the end of my sophomore year I had gotten my drivers license and my dad let me drive his convertible home from school on the last day. Kaiden was sitting in the back with Ella and Chloe sat in the passenger. I still think about the way her beautiful long light brown hair was flowing through the wind and she was smiling and singing along to the music that was blasting. 

I remember the day her parents literally threw her out and everything. I was working with Ryan, her dad, since I was 16 so I started investing young and saved a lot. That's how I got my big house at such a young age. Anyways, back in the office, Chloe had just started working for her dad after she realized college wasn't her thing. she was 19 and I was 20. Me & Kaiden were sitting by the break room and all of a sudden everyone's computers shut off and the huge TV we had in the lobby had shown all our money was missing. We were all confused on what had just happened, until Ryan & Kenzie came over and their faces went pale. Kenzie was frustrating crying and Ryan was going to kill the next person in his sight 

"Dad what just happened?" Kaiden asks