Chapter 2 Getting settled in

I woke up and I'm a little confused I don't remember going to sleep. I'm in a hammock and the doors are to my right and newt is to my left. He's already up getting ready. " morning greenie" I looked at him sort of annoyed considering I just woke up. "Stop calling me that" newt looked at me confused. " stop calling you what?" " stop calling me greenie, my names Sam"

Newt agreed but he started calling me Sammy which was kind of cute, *wait why and I thinking this crap* whatever, anyway everyone seemed very annoyed and tired probably cause of how late we stayed up. I decided to figure out what I'm supposed to do today.

I went straight to Alby ( who I met last night). "Morning green bean" *urgg why does everyone call me green bean or greenie it's so annoying* " hey Alby, so um what am I supposed to do all day??" " oh yeah you can go try being a track-hoe today, go to zart he will help"

I walk over to the gardens where zart was yesterday. "Hey zart, Alby said to come over here to try this job out." " hey greenie well let's get you started"

I work in the gardens all day it was so tiring, but we finally stop for the day and I feel free. I went over to newt who was sitting at the top of the tower and I climbed up.

"Hey newt, whatcha doing?" " hey Sammy, I'm just watching the sunset." I sat right next to him and the sunset was beautiful. Me a newt started talking a lot and I fell asleep on his shoulder.

Minho woke us up yelling " hey ugly shanks what are you doing?" I sort of jumped awake newts head was on mine but not for long as he jumped too.

"MINHO WHAT WAS THE POINT IN THAT" I yelled back. Minho responded "me and newt have go" me and newt climes down. "Go where?" I asked. Newt responded this time " into the maze". I was a little flabbergasted, " what newt you can't go into the maze, if your going I want to go too"

It took a while but I convinced Alby and Minho but they let me considering they need more runner to explore the maze. Newt decided to go alone and I went with Minho.

We ran the maze ally day, made notes, and kept running. We didn't find anything. We didn't go further than the inner part of the maze. We did pass section 4 though.

We got back right before dinner. Frypan made soup. I've only been here for 3 days and I have had soup 6 times. I sat by newt and Minho. Minho was being very entertaining and newt was looking at minho like a disappointed mother.

After we went to the hammocks to go to bed. I fell asleep.

(This next part is a dream btw)

• I am in a white room, and I see a dirty blond boy in front of me, I recognize him as newt. He starts talking to me, "Sammy please just show them your powers, they are going to kill you." " newt I can to that" he looked at me very sadly.

"Newt I'm sorry but I don't know what they will do with my powers and I don't want to risk that"•

I woke up, I don't know if that dream is a memory or if it's planted but either way I don't want to go back to sleep. I decided to go to the tower.

Newt came about 5 minutes after. "Hey greenie, you ok? I saw you get up" I was kind of shocked I thought he was asleep. " oh um I'm fine newt I just had a bad dream"

Newt sat down " do you wanna talk about it" I looked at him *why is he so cute, wait no no no no no I've been here three days I can't have a crush yet* "um no I'm good" I responded

He didn't say anything and I fell asleep on his shoulder again

•••